Chapter 172

However, he faced an unforeseen challenge.

He confronted an uprising, not just a sporadic rebellion of commoners, but a well-organized revolt led by a former knightly leader of the Knights of Witten-a once prestigious order in the province of Rafalde.

Seizing the opportunity presented by the chaos of the plague, they rallied the people.

***

The Knights of Witten!

A mighty order of knights from the province of Rafalde.

During the recent war, they were revolutionary against the forces of the Kingdom of Houston.

However, with the cession of Rafalde to the Kingdom of Houston, they were forced to disband.

Most of the knights left for the mainland of the Kingdom of Droton, but a few retired and remained in Rafalde.

Cason, who now led the uprising, was one of them.

"You can't go. Light of Houston Kingdom Army."

Cason stopped Raymond's group with a stern face.

'Oh no. He's stopping us.'

Raymond made a puzzled face.

The Knights of Witten had been forcibly disbanded.

In other words, it had disappeared because of Raymond.

No wonder he considered Raymond to be an unstoppable force!

In fact, he was looking at Raymond with a vicious gaze.

"This plague must have been caused by your Houston Kingdom. Return to the Houston Kingdom immediately, it's the only way to stop the wrath of the heavens."

Raymond's face stiffened.

'I can't do that.'

The epidemic was not heaven's wrath or anything like that.

If he stepped back, numerous patients would die.

'Should I use force to suppress them?'

Raymond wondered.

As the Commissioner, he had troops at his disposal, and with their military power, he could suppress the rebellion.

However, it would take time, and there would be unnecessary sacrifices.

"I'm going to resolve the epidemic. Please clear the way."

"The only way to resolve the epidemic is to return to the Houston Kingdom. That's it!"

Raymond bit his lip.

He saw through the ulterior motives clearly in the other's eyes.

'He is exploiting this epidemic to fuel a large-scale rebellion in Rafalde, aiming for regional independence to restore their former glory.'

Raymond's suspicions were well-founded.

'All the troublemakers seem to have congregated here.'

Given Rafalde assimilation into the Houston Kingdom, it naturally attracted various anti-establishment figures.

The once-elite class, now disgraced and nursing deep grievances, posed a significant threat from Raymond's perspective.

'They've been biding their time, waiting for an opportunity, and they've chosen to rise up amidst this epidemic.'

As Raymond furrowed his brows, an unexpected wave of support echoed.

"No! Our Lord is determined to resolve the epidemic!"