Chapter 132

First, his shocked body had to be restored.

"Give him some more fluids, and prepare for a blood transfusion, because his platelets are low!"

And so Raymond and the students at the Penin Institute fought a fierce battle to keep the young king alive.

It wasn't easy.

Time and time again, the young king came close to death, and only desperate efforts kept him from going into cardiac arrest.

And then.

The quinine had taken effect, and the shock was fully recovered, but there was a problem.

The young king wasn't waking up.

'Why? His vital signs are stabilized, but he's not conscious.'

Raymond swallowed hard.

There had to be a reason for his unresponsiveness.

When other vital signs return, but consciousness eludes, it signals something else is wrong.

'Could it be malarial encephalopathy?'

Encephalopathy!

Encephalopathy is one of the worst complications of malaria, and it's when the brain dies!

That was it.

'Once the brain is damaged, it can't be reversed, and in the worst case scenario, a vegetative person may never regain consciousness. And even if they do, there will be serious after-effects.'

Raymond swallowed hard.

If this was indeed encephalopathy, there was nothing more he could do.

It was over.

'No. It might not be encephalopathy. Let's see if there's some other treatable reason he might not come back to consciousness.'

Raymond racked his brain, grasping at straws.

But nothing came to mind.

For reference, malaria is an area of internal medicine.

Currently, his internal medicine was a C+, which was somewhat inferior to his external medicine.

Raymond used the skill as if he were trying to catch a break.

'Use Skill. Specialist Judgment!'

[Increases intellect stat by an additional 5!]

The skill, "Specialist's Judgment," basically raises his Intellect stat by 5 when making a judgment about a disease.

With an additional 5 on top of that, Raymond's Intellect is now up to a whopping 64.

With his increased intellect, he summarized his knowledge as best he could.

'If it's not encephalopathy, the cause of unconsciousness is a deterioration in the body's condition, and the only thing that can happen during such a deterioration is malaria, not shock...'

He couldn't think of anything.

Just as he was about to grasp that clue, a thunderclap.

A thunderous sound rumbled through the air.

It was Lyndon's hunger.

"Ah, ah! I'm sorry, I'm so hungry!"

"..."

It was a rumbling that came at a serious moment.

Hanson gave Lyndon a fierce glance, and Lyndon's complexion was about to turn pale!