Chapter 134

"I don't think anyone could do it better than you."

King Macapell III frowned.

Was there anyone in the Kingdom of Huston better than Raymond?

But Raymond shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Your Highness. I'm afraid I can't."

It was nice of him to think so highly of himself, but a high lord, that was something he couldn't even begin to imagine.

'I'll be content with the best of the yolks.'

Then, as if he had no choice, King Macapell III said.

"Well, then, I have a condition. I want you to establish your own Penin Clinic in the province of Rafalde."

"..."

"If you refuse to accept even these conditions, there will be no sheep from the province of Rafalde."

Raymond understood what King Macapell III meant.

'He wants me to set up a Penin healing center to look after the people of Rafalde!'

Raymond nodded.

That's as good as it gets.

'I'll have to stay on the estate for a while, until the post-war treatment is complete. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to set up a branch of the Penin Healing Center.'

No, on reflection, it was necessary.

The province of Rafalde was indeed a war zone.

The people who live there have suffered greatly, and there are many who need medical attention.

'It's not the capital that needs the Penin Clinic's touch right now, it's the Rafalde region that has been scorched by the fires of war, and I think it's best to move the Penin Clinic to the Rafalde region until the post-war recovery is complete.'

It was also important to Raymond that the Rafalde region recover quickly.

He needs to revitalize the Rafalde province, it's his bread and butter!

As a healer, he could treat patients and help them recover.

And so it was decided that the second Penin Healing Center would be established in Rafalde.

"Understood, Your Majesty, I will comply with your wishes and establish the Penin Healing Center in Rafalde."

"Thank you."

The young king said wistfully.

"To be honest, I would like you to be the High Lord of Rafalde Province, for you are the light of the Houston Kingdom Army, and you will lead the people of Rafalde Province in the right direction."

Raymond made an awkward face.

The thought of an illegitimate son becoming a high lord seemed unthinkable.

'Another good person will rule the province of Rafalde. I'm a healer, and I'll help heal the sick.'

***

Meanwhile, the Kingdom of Houston's troops had been pushed to the brink, barely able to form a line in the Rafalde provinces.

King Odin had joined them!

"Greetings, His Majesty!"

"Long live the King!"

The ragtag band of Kingdom soldiers greeted King Odin.

Odin surveyed the barracks with a low, sunken gaze.

"Report the situation."

"A total of ten thousand Kingdom troops have been killed in the hand-to-hand combat, with a similar number missing. Not counting the immobilized and wounded, we have a total of about fifteen thousand available."