Chapter 7

The sound of conversation was heard in the patient's room.

"...Healer. Thank you so much. Thanks to you, I was able to live."

"No. You can't relax for a while, so be careful."

"Oh, how kind of you. It's as if the heavens blessed me so that I could meet you."

It was the patient who had been brought in with hematemesis!

His face was still pale, but he vaguely opened his eyes and expressed his gratitude.

'What...? What happened?'

Lance denied the reality that he could see before him.

"Did Director Bax treat him?"

"Chief healer?"

"How could you treat a patient in such a bad condition?! Who treated this patient?"

Raymond's eyes rolled back in his head.

'I'm pretty sure it was me.'

Lance gasped angrily.

"Um... I treated him."

"Don't tell me outrageous lies! Your healing power is..."

"I didn't cure him with heals."

"What?"

Raymond sucked in a breath.

It was a barrier that he had to overcome at least once every time.

"I treated this patient with a healing technique that was used in ancient times called medicine."

"Medi... What?"

Lance's eyes tinted with ridiculousness.

Medicine?

He had never even heard of such a thing before.

But Raymond was unfazed and thick-skinned enough to make his point.

He laid out the scenario he had prepared while listening to Lance's mood.

"The other day, while on an errand in the northern provinces, I accidentally stepped on the wrong foot and fell off a cliff. That's how I accidentally stumbled upon an ancient ruin and came to learn the ancient art of healing- medicine."

The so-called cliff scenario!

It was a repertoire that was often written about in various novels, so it wasn't a wild, rootless story.

"What the hell! You can't expect me to believe such a ridiculous lie...!"

It was then.

The patient, who was silently listening to the conversation between the two, opened his mouth.

"Oh, it's so loud. Hey, healer."

"...!"

"I swear on my name, but it's not a lie that that handsome healer saved me. I definitely remember that the healer was stomping his feet to save me."

The patient, Vent, had a dim recollection of what happened during the surgery.

They used a herb with hallucinogenic effects, but it was not a perfect anesthetic, so he was conscious during the process.

"This is the evidence that the healer treated me. Look at this."

Vent picked up his clothes and showed his belly.

Clear incision marks were revealed.

"...!"

When Lance couldn't say anything, Vent laughed.