Chapter 186

'...I wonder if shield magic could provide me with adequate protection?'

As the idea crossed his mind, he recalled having a temporary skill enhancement item from his previous encounter with Mien, Descendant of the Cat Chief.

He considered using it to augment a skill other than Healer's Mana!

'If it grants me an A-grade shield, I might withstand the mana surge!'

Seeking confirmation, Raymond inquired,

"In ion, how strong is it? Can it overpower even a top-tier shield?"

"Not necessarily. While the surrounding area may face devastation, individuals within a superlative shield should remain unharmed."

Raymond tightened his fists.

'Excellent, even in the worst-case scenario, my safety is assured!'

With his primary concern addressed, he resolved to take action. Though fear lingered, the potential consequences of failure urged him forward.

"Allow me to assist."

Surprise registered on everyone's faces.

"No, Count?"

"What?"

Raymond wore a determined expression for the sake of others.

'I'll risk my life to help you. It's good to make a good impression.'

Raymond glanced at Laina in particular.

It would be good to make a good impression on that righteous archmage when he had the chance.

And bring grace to the tower.

"I am the body responsible for the people of Rafalde. I cannot stand idly by in a crisis like this. Let me help you."

As expected, Laina reacted.

Her eyes widened in astonishment.

"Impressive. Any other noble would have thought of running away. Are you... a 'light' after all?"

But she shook her head.

"I appreciate the sentiment, but it's not helpful. You're a healer. Unless you're a mage with innate mana control, it's not going to help..."

Laina's eyes widened at that.

A fact had dawned on her.

'Count Penin is an immense genius who will revive the Magic Tower!'

That's what her colleague, Shameron, had told her.

She'd laughed it off as a healer's talent for magic, but what?

"Wait a minute."

Raymond said to himself.

'Buy, healer's mana usage!'

[It will cost 1,000 skill points!]

A whopping 1,000 points!

It was an exorbitant price for a Legendary skill, but this was no time to save.

Luckily, he had a lot of points saved up, so he was able to purchase it without too much trouble.

He immediately followed up with a shout out.

'Skill Mastery, Healer's Mana Usage!'

The skill skill of Healer's Mana Usage temporarily increased to Rank A.

A sensation he never experienced before surged through his body!

'This feeling is called Mana Control?'