Chapter 6

Ancient times!

It was a term that meant a glorious civilization that existed in the distant past.

Raymond made up his mind that he had learned from ancient knowledge.

It was a blue lie, but there was nothing else to say.

Fortunately, Hanson accepted Raymond's words without question.

First of all, nothing of the ancient civilization was properly known. Like a legend hidden in fog, it was considered mysterious, so any lie worked roughly.

"The situation is urgent, so I'll explain it slowly later. First, prepare what I'm saying."

"Yes, go ahead."

"Boil as much clean water as possible."

"... Pardon?"

"I need you to disinfect a clean blade as much as possible with fire as well. Also, go to my room and prepare a thin thread disinfected with herbs."

"..."

Water, blade, and thread?

Hanson's eyes were confused.

What would he do with the patient now?

Raymond cleared his throat, as it was only natural, given Leifentina's common sense.

"... You'll know when you see it in person. Anyway, I'm in a hurry, so hurry up and get it ready."

***

Fortunately, it did not take long to prepare.

In order to reduce the chance of infection during the operation, the patient was moved to a clean room to the maximum extent possible, and the patient was put to sleep and anesthetized with a hallucinogenic drug.

'I'm glad I prepared catgut in advance, just in case."

Catgut.

It was a thread made from the internal organs of sheep, which dissolved in the body over time and could be used as a suture.

It was available because the magicians of the Magic Tower used it as a material.

Hanson asked, snooping his head.

"What exactly are you trying to do, senior?"

"Surgery."

"Sur... What?"

He could see it now.

Raymond couldn't give him a fuller description.

His heart was pounding like crazy. He didn't have time to explain.

'Can I do it?'

He wouldn't think about the results.

He would just do his best.

'The water is already spilled. I have to save him no matter what. I don't want to be stripped of my apprenticeship.'

If he could not save the patient, Lance would obviously strip him of his apprenticeship.

Therefore, he had to save him unconditionally.

That's what he thought, but he was so nervous that his heart felt like it was going to burst.

If it hadn't been for the Heart of Steel, he might have already lost the strength in his legs. Maybe he would have run far away.

'Open.'

Raymond held the small knife he had sterilized before the surgery.

Raymond pursed his lips and bit them as his fingertips were trembling.