Chapter 181

'Huh?'

Raymond opened his eyes wide.

'Pairing. What is this?'

An explanation came to mind.

[Pairing: a contract with a spirit beast, in which the recipient receives the absolute favor and goodwill of the other party.]

'A spirit beast? The cat people aren't spirit beasts; are they true-blooded and therefore possess the properties of a spirit beast?'

Raymond recalled his knowledge of the True Bloods.

While normal beastmen were pseudo-humans with animal attributes, the True Bloods were somewhat different.

They were born with the chaos of the clan's roots and the blood of a spirit beast, thus possessing more spirit beast attributes than humans.

They have the appearance of humans, but they are half spirit.

'...Could it be that the Great Cat, the ancestor of the Cat Tribe, was also someone's pet, and that's why this pairing is possible?'

Raymond coughed in vain.

Anyway, the pairing was forbidden.

'I shouldn't be so careless.'

Even from Mien's point of view, it wasn't a good idea to make such an important contract when he was so disoriented.

'He'll feel differently once he's recovered and gotten his bearings.'

[Pairing rejected!]

Raymond spoke softly so as not to hurt the boy's feelings.

"I'm not a mom, I'm a healer."

"A healer?"

"Yes, Mr. Healer, the one who cures you and helps you unconditionally."

He said it as gently as he could, but did he know he'd rejected him?

Mien replied in a downcast voice.

"...Yes, sir."

"Yes, good. If you ever need anything, just come see me."

"... Are you sure I can come to you?"

"Yes, anytime."

Raymond replied without much thought.

Mien smiled and fell into a deep sleep.

Then, a message popped up.

[The one who was rejected for pairing, falls into a state of longing alone!]

"..."

Raymond's mouth dropped open when he saw the message.

'...That's an ominous message.'

It was probably just a little kid being touched by him and feeling that way temporarily.

'He'll be fine.'

Raymond stood up from his seat.

"I'm going to leave now, but if you have any problems, let me know right away, and I'll send Mien the thyroid hormone he needs by personal delivery."

With that, Raymond left the cat tribe village.

***

He didn't go down to the manor right away.

He made his way to the Borison estate to gather evidence.

'As expected, the disturbance is originating from the magic stone mine.'