Chapter 83

'He's going to panic, he's going to shake, he's going to stutter, and he's going to humiliate himself.'

And this is no ordinary disgrace; this is the worst kind of disgrace.

His disgrace would be talked about forever.

It was hard to contain his laughter at the thought.

'When he's kicked out, I can go up there and finish my speech.'

It was a plan to kill two birds with one stone, a chance to show off his coolness in contrast to his ugliness.

Just then, something happened to help Seitil.

"It's His Majesty the King!"

"...!"

Just in time, King Odin stepped into the ballroom, accompanied by emissaries from the Peninsula Kingdom.

"His Majesty the King!"

"It's alright. I'm just dropping by for a while, so don't worry about me and enjoy yourself."

It was rare for the King to be present at the eve of eating and drinking, and from the looks of it, he had deliberately taken a break from his duties to show the envoys from the Peninsula Kingdom who had traveled a long way to see the banquet in person.

In any case, the heavens had helped.

Now that he was forced to behave badly in front of so many nobles, as well as King Odin, how could he not feel good about himself?

Seitil called urgently to Raymond.

"What are you doing? Come on up."

"Are you sure you want me to give the commemorative speech?"

"Um?"

Seitil paused for a moment.

There was something off about Raymond's tone.

It should have sounded frozen and bewildered, but it didn't.

'What was that, that delighted tone?'

It wasn't an illusion.

Raymond was actually happy.

'Wow! This is the best PR opportunity I've ever had! What did I do to deserve this?'

The opportunity to promote medicine had come out of nowhere.

***

Raymond had been preparing for his medical career by practicing his social skills and preparing for public speaking engagements, just in case he ever needed to get in front of a crowd.

He had prepared for just such an eventuality, but this golden opportunity came his way, and it wasn't the only one.

A message popped up like a cheerleader.

[You have a chance to speak to patients. Your 'Silver Tongue' skill will come into play!]

[You're promoting medicine, which synergizes with 'Heart of Steel'!]

[The A-ranked 'Social Skills' skill is manifesting! 'Silver Tongue' is imbued with 'Charisma'!]

Raymond stepped up and stood at the podium.

Gulp.

The tension didn't completely dissipate, even with the manifestation of his heart of steel, but he gritted his teeth and steeled his resolve.