Chapter 109

'In this case, the solution is to just pull up the long small intestine underneath and connect it.'

The problem was that it was technically difficult.

He faced a crucial decision: opt for an easier yet riskier approach or choose a more difficult but safer method.

'Let's do it. I can do it, I need to trust myself.'

With determination, he carefully pulled up the small intestine situated beneath the duodenum.

Its convoluted nature made it more manageable to manipulate.

He excised a section of the small intestine and proceeded to attach it to the side of the stomach.

It was a suturing technique he had practiced countless times since awakening as a doctor.

Perhaps it was his accumulated experience, but Raymond surprisingly executed it with exceptional skill, even impressing himself.

And then.

"Ha."

With a long breath, the operation was over and the patient was alive,

[Your exams are over!]

[The patient survived!]

[Your exam evaluation is 'pass'!]

[Congratulations on passing the exam!]

[Your class rank has been elevated!]

[Your class has attained the status of 'junior specialist'!]

Raymond had finally become a 'specialist'.

***

"Thank you very much!" expressed Marquis Aiton, expressing his gratitude.

"I, Aiton, on behalf of the Marquis and the Kingdom of Clever, sincerely thank you!"

Regaining consciousness, Prince Enrique groaned in gratitude.

"T-thank you, I thought I was going to die of immobility..."

Raymond offered a wry smile.

"As a healer, there is no need for gratitude. I am content knowing that Your Highness has made a full recovery."

It was a familiar act of modesty, a technique that always seemed to work.

'When I say that, they're impressed and want to reward me even more.'

Both Prince Enrique and Marquis Aiton were impressed.

'A healer of such caliber?'

'I admire that.'

The prevailing greed among healers was a well-known fact. Given the prevalence of avaricious healers in the Kingdom of Clever, encountering someone like Raymond was a shock in itself.

"That's impossible. Please, tell me what you desire. I am willing to compensate you generously."

Raymond found himself torn.

Once again, it was a time for gratifying rewards, yet he struggled to determine what he truly wanted.

'The Kingdom of Clever is the weakest nation in the Twelve Kingdoms, and they have no money and are very poor.'

Being primarily engaged in mercenary warfare, the Kingdom of Clever relied on sending mercenaries abroad to generate income.

Their territories were often situated in remote areas, further exacerbating their financial constraints.