Chapter 40

(T/N: Please do not vote on the chapters.)

-

'Ugh... I should've been given a word in advance. They didn't tell me I was going to have an audience with the king. I'm nervous.'

His petty instincts kicked in and he became very nervous.

His face scrunched up and his heart pounded.

"Greetings to Your Highness."

Meanwhile, the third prince, Remerton, looked at Raymond with strange eyes.

To be honest, Remerton had very mixed feelings when he heard about what Raymond had accomplished.

'I never thought he would be able to make a contribution like that in the Bay Area. That he had won the hearts of the people in the slums? That's impossible. How?'

The Bay Area had so far been dismissed as a malignant abscess that no one could touch.

The princes all tried to pacify the Bay Area, but only tasted a desperate failure.

'So I thought he couldn't endure it. I can't believe he made such a big contribution.'

Remerton shook his head.

'I guess he's from the slums, after all, so he could get through to them?'

Remerton rubbed it in that way, born of lowly blood, he fit in well with the lowly ones.

And looking at the way he strained today, it seemed like an accurate thought.

There was no way someone that ugly could have made a decent merit.

'It's not a bad idea to spend the rest of his life in the slums. He's from a bastard anyway, so there's no place for him to be used properly. He found a place that suits him.'

Remerton thought as he found some room.

If Raymond was going to stay in the slums, he had some ideas about sponsoring him.

He was a man with his eye on the throne, and he could afford to do that much.

"..."

2nd Prince Kairen was also looking at Raymond with a strange smile on his face.

He was not thinking of looking down on him like 3rd Prince Remerton.

Ignorance should match to some extent. He was the one who was closest to the next throne.

The difference in rank between him and the shallow Raymond was too much for him, too.

He was not safe from Raymond, just as a human being did not ignore an insect.

He just looked at him in an interesting way.

"... Our lowly puppy is really growing up."

Kairen murmured softly.

"It makes me a little greedy. It would be fun to have him by my side."

Remerton frowned at his brother's comment.

King Odin said.

"Rise, come forward."

"Yes, Your Highness."

Boom boom. Boom boom.

'Oh. Why was I born so timidly?'

His heart jumped as if it was going to explode when he got a lot of attention.

His mind went blank.

"I hear you have done a great deal in the Bay Area this time. This is no small feat since you cleaned up the evil horde that was the slum's gloom and deceived the people involved."