Chapter 126

"That, that..."

"Since when do you vomit on my words?"

Archduke Berard said coldly, and the servant swallowed hard.

"It is to be enforced immediately."

"...Understood."

The servant bemoaned the use of such a terrible trick on the poor young king, but if they refused, they would be hanged.

After some time passed, a fever broke out in the young king.

It was a terrible fever that would surely kill him if he did not receive proper medical attention.

Archduke Berard smiled ruefully.

'It's no use for healers to use heals. This is not a disease that can be cured by healing.'

But there was one thing he hadn't anticipated, and that was the desperation of Lord Nickles, the young king's advisor, and the suddenness of the incident.

The light of the Houstonian army.

He had come for Raymond.

To save the young king.

***

"....Who are you?"

"I'm Nickels, captain of the Royal Knights, Kingdom of Droton."

Raymond's eyes widened.

'The leader of the Royal Knights?'

The Royal Knights, the knights who protect the king.

'And I've never heard of Nickels before? No, I mean, were there any Royal Knights left in the Kingdom of Droton?'

One of the first actions taken by Archduke Berard after seizing power was to purge the Royal Knights, as they posed a threat.

From the looks of it, only a few remaining knights remained loyal to the young king.

"But what is happening?"

"Save our King!"

"...What?"

Raymond stared in disbelief, but his expression hardened at the knight's next words.

"That devil Berard has inflicted a terrible disease upon His Majesty. He is now suffering from a high fever, and that is why I have sought you out!"

"...!"

Raymond grasped the gravity of the situation. Berard had once again committed an abominable act.

"Please, in the name of the Kingdom of Droton, I implore you to save our King. I will forever be indebted to you for this favor!"

Raymond made a troubled face.

'What shall I do?'

He realized that this was a very important fork in the road.

'If I save the king, perhaps that will end the war.'

Although Archduke Berard had stripped the King of his power, he remained the rightful ruler of Droton.

If Raymond could rescue the king and have him in his possession, he could declare Berard a traitor to the kingdom.

The king's fall from both within and without would ensue, ultimately leading to the cessation of the war.

'...But it's too dangerous.'

The Winter Palace resided at the southernmost tip of the Droton Kingdom.