Chapter 65

As Raymond became engrossed in the casino game, Solen, who had entered the room, chuckled.

"How's he doing? Does he seem to be doing okay?"

"Yeah, it's his first time gambling and he seems to be hooked. How much do you want to work with?"

"All 100,000 I agreed to lend him today."

"...!"

The henchman stared in amazement.

"Don't you think working that much money at once might get you into trouble?"

"Don't mind it. That bastard could kick a tin can while gambling and still not be able to talk straight."

Solen laughed meanly.

He would never let another nobleman get away with this kind of behavior.

For fear of repercussions.

But there was no reason to not look down on the lowly bastard.

"If you do your job properly today, I'll let you enjoy whatever you want."

"I understand, it's not a job to strip a naive bastard like that, hehe. If it doesn't work, I'll slip him some drugged water."

As the orderly left the room, Solen let out a mean laugh.

***

Meanwhile, Raymond was gambling happily.

'It's easy to gamble, isn't it? I keep winning.'

By now, Raymond had won 30,000 pence.

'Should I have tried it?'

The thought crossed his mind, but he quickly snapped out of it.

In the distance, a masked woman glared at him.

It was Christine.

Her eyes seemed to say:

-Wake up!

'Ahem, ahem.'

Raymond coughed in vain.

With so much money changing hands in front of him, it was hard to keep a straight face.

'Let's get a grip. At this rate, far from catching Solen, I'm going to get eaten.'

The trickle of alcohol was also a problem. Raymond decided not to drag it out any longer.

"I can't take this. I'm feeling like a little kid. Do you have anything hotter?"

The casino employee's eyes lit up.

"We have a game for VIPs only. It's a game where there's no limit to the amount you can bet, and if you're lucky, you can win up to 50 times your stake."

"Fifty times?"

"If the jackpot is hit, we guarantee a 50x return. It's a long shot, of course, but you never know, you might get that lucky."

Raymond smiled pleasantly. And so the game began.

The VIP game was played by Solen himself.

After a few wins, a few losses, and a tense atmosphere.

Solen gestured to his henchman.

'Get the tools.'

Tools.

Scamming tool that would get Raymond in trouble.

"Haha, I'm feeling pretty good today, playing with such a great guy. Here's a new card."