Chapter 14

Lance's face hardened in anger.

"Sir Raymond, your words are too harsh..."

"Harsh? I don't think that's a harsh thing to say to a snooty healer who doesn't care about bringing the sick back to life while they're dying right in front of him, do you?"

Maybe because of his Heart of Steel?

Raymond hurled his words without hesitation in a tone of voice that he could not even imagine normally.

He also quit using honorifics.

"If you are afraid, stop. Because you are a dirty coward who only knows money."

"...!"

In the end, Lance was provoked.

"I understand. If Sir succeeds in curing the patient, I will take off my healing clothes forever. In return, if you fail to treat the patient, you will not be allowed to become a healer. By the authority of the Chief Healer, you will be stripped of your apprenticeship."

Stripped of apprenticeship!

Raymond nodded reluctantly, even though the conditions were horrible.

Wasn't he afraid of the consequences after a failure?

'I won't think about failure. I will make sure to save him.'

It didn't matter how difficult it was.

A patient was dying in front of his eyes.

He only treated him with the mind of saving him.

He would never fail.

***

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

Raymond had slightly surprised eyes.

It was Hanson!

"...I thought you wouldn't have anyone to help you if it wasn't me."

Hanson looked unsure with a freckled face.

"O-of course, i-it's okay if you don't need it."

"No, I don't need it, but."

Raymond held Hanson's hand.

"Thank you. Even if I didn't, I really needed help."

Hanson, who had witnessed surgery once before, had a good connection.

"Boil some water, clean and disinfected with herbs like last time. Heat a blade and needle in the fire to disinfect them! Clean the surgery area as much as possible to reduce the chance of infection."

"Yes, senior!"

There was no time to delay.

After finishing his preparations quickly, Raymond went right into surgery.

'It would be nice if I could transfuse blood in advance before surgery.'

However, unlike on modern Earth, blood transfusion was not an easy thing to do.

Many things had to be taken care of after the blood was drained.

'There are no tools for blood collection, no drugs to prevent blood clotting after collection, and no centrifuges to separate the components.'

If he had prepared equipment for blood transfusions in advance, it would have been too much right now.

'It wasn't until the 1900s that they were able to properly transfuse blood on Earth. Before that, more than 5 out of 10 people died from blood transfusion side effects.'