Chapter 165

Raymond recalled his conversation with King Odin that night.

'If you don't think you can do it, it's better to give up early.'

While unsure of King Odin's specific intentions, one thing remained evident: the king wouldn't extend assistance in this matter.

'These noble lords must be certain that the king won't personally intervene in such affairs.'

Short of a catastrophe, direct involvement from the king was unlikely.

'Above all, I made a promise. I must succeed. That's why I must secure his apology.'

As he ruminated on his commitment to King Odin, Raymond tightly clenched his fist. He was resolute in resolving the situation and obtaining an apology from King Odin.

Just then, Sage Mevinson, wearing an anxious and concerned expression, voiced his thoughts.

"These, these nobles seem to be the same everywhere. How should we handle this?"

Raymond recollected his frustration with the selfishness of nobles during his time in the Kingdom of Droton.

Contemplating the situation, he was caught off guard by unexpected news.

"Lord, we have received a communication crystal message."

Raymond, intrigued and puzzled, observed the urgency in the messenger's demeanor.

"From whom?"

"His Highness Prince Remerton."

Raymond's countenance underwent a sudden transformation.

"...!"

"He says he has something to discuss regarding the current situation with the lords."

Raymond's face solidified.

'Could it be?'

The perplexing collusion among the lords.

The unexpected outreach from Remerton.

A puzzle began to take shape in Raymond's mind.

'Prince Remerton pulling strings behind my back?'

***

As it turned out, his suspicions were correct.

Through the communication crystal, Remerton bore a triumphant expression.

'Undoubtedly, Remerton orchestrated this collusion among the lords!'

If Remerton had been orchestrating events from behind the scenes, the current situation started to make sense.

Evidently, a significant number of the newly appointed lords in the Rafalde region were supporters of Remerton.

Out of the nine, an astonishing five pledged allegiance to him, while the remaining nobles seemingly employed various tactics to influence the others.

This is how the situation had unfolded.

-It's been a while. I've heard the news. Looks like the lords aren't heeding your advice, and you're facing challenges.

Raymond bit his lip.

'It's his own doing, acting all innocent.'

Despite his inner frustration, he maintained a composed exterior.

Even after a significant mistake during the war, Remerton maintained a considerable following among the nobility, courtesy of his influential maternal family, the Tern Marquisate.