Chapter 88

"Please make sure that each of the continent's specialty herbs and alchemical reagents are available at affordable prices."

"...!"

Marquis Langham's face hardened slightly. Raymond gave him the most pitiful look he could muster.

"I make medicines for my patients, and it's difficult because there are a lot of people who go rogue in the middle, and it's the patients who suffer the consequences."

Those who take advantage.

The merchants of the Peninsula Kingdom.

The logistics of the Houston Kingdom often travel through the Peninsula Kingdom, and most herbs and alchemical reagents come from the Peninsula Kingdom.

'It's not for nothing that the Peninsula Kingdom is the largest trading partner of the Ten Kingdoms Empire.'

Raymond shook his head in disbelief.

The Peninsula Kingdom's currency, the pena, was the main currency of the Alliance of the Ten Kingdoms.

In any case, the viciousness of the Peninsula Kingdom's merchants was well known on the continent, and even for herbs, they had to pay several times the cost of the herbs.

In the worst cases, they would extort ten times over.

"Hmm."

Marquis Langham didn't know what to say; it wasn't an easy request.

'It would have been easier to ask for a large sum of money. But to stop the merchants' extortion.'

The power of the Colossi of the Peninsula Kingdom was beyond imagination.

In the first place, they were often run by great nobles.

Even Marquis Langham couldn't stop the merchants from taking advantage of them.

But.

"... must be difficult for you too, right? Ha, there are many patients who can't be treated because I can't pay for herbs today, so it's a shame."

The voice sounded solemn.

Marquis Langham clenched his fists.

'Shame on you, Langham. That young man is trying to do something for his patients, and you're thinking of pandering to the giants.'

If Raymond had asked for this favor for his own greed, he would have refused.

But Raymond's eyes were filled with compassion for his patient.

Helping someone like him would give him the power of an old man.

He could be immortalized to the fullest.

"I'll see what I can do."

"What?"

"It won't be easy, but I'll try. I'll find a merchant who will cut their margins, even if it's just for you. Don't worry."

'Awesome! He's actually going to do me a favor!'

Raymond exclaimed.

He wasn't sure if he'd be granted the favor, but he was so impressed by the man's compassion for his patient that he agreed.

'Hmph. Herbs and reagents are expensive. How much will this save me?'

"Thank you so much for your efforts!"

Raymond bowed his head in sincere joy, and Langham admired him even more.

'To be so happy about saving money on herbs and being able to treat more patients, he really does care about the patients as rumored.'