Chapter 125

It was a combination of deep feelings for Raymond and a half-hearted defense of the Drotonian leader.

However, the soldiers began to be swayed by the heartfelt words of the Biotonians.

They had been following orders out of necessity, lacking true loyalty to Archduke Berard.

'Alas.'

Marquis Durak bit his lip hard, realizing that the siege had effectively failed.

'This isnt good. If we don't take Castle Bioton, our strategy of breaking up King Houston's army piece by piece is doomed.'

Gritting his teeth, he launched a final assault, but the soldiers of Houston and the citizens of Bioton put up an incredible fight.

Though enemies, they fought as a united force, driven by their desire to protect Raymond.

Another day passed, and the siege entered its third day.

In the distance, dark clouds loomed ominously.

"It's bad news, Your Excellency! It's Houston's army!"

"...!"

Marquis Durak was astonished: the reinforcements had arrived a day earlier than expected.

'How?'

The reason was simple.

The soldiers had voluntarily marched to rescue Raymond.

In particular, Princess Christine was the commander who led them, but when she led the soldiers for Raymond, she showed a miraculous pace of march.

'We're going to save my master! Just wait a little longer, I'll never let him die!'

With that in mind, she marched on.

"Ha."

Marquis Durak took out his cigar, and he lamented.

'A battle that should have been won.'

The faces of the children held hostage by Berard flashed through his mind.

But there was nothing more he could do.

Marquis Durak ordered in a heavy voice.

"We are defeated. The army shall fall back."

And so began the fiercest battle of the war.

The siege of Bioton Castle ended in Raymond's favor.

***

The echoes of victory reverberated throughout the frontlines.

It was a miraculous triumph achieved against all odds, defeating Droton's esteemed general, Durak.

"Wow!"

"Long live Raymond!"

"It's our prince!"

"Not for Durak, for our prince!"

The entire Houston Kingdom army cheered.

As if in honor of a great achievement, several messages popped up.

[Fame rises!]

[Fame rises!]

[Achievement: You have achieved 'Miraculous Defense'!]

[Perk: Your reputation will increase dramatically!]

[Countless people pay tribute to your achievements!]

[Fame breaks through the threshold!]

[Earn a new title!]

[Title: 'Soldier's Heartwielder' evolves into 'Hero of the Kingdom Army'!]

DPOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara