Chapter 37

"Hoo?"

"For your information, it's a top-notch secret art that only people of noble status can receive."

Only a noble could receive it.

These words persuaded Toms.

For, like the master of the Underworld Guild, he was vain and had a strong sense of self-respect.

"Then I must rather ask. Please do me a favor."

Raymond looked around.

"Could they step back from the perimeter for a moment, please? The "medical checkup" is an ancient and secretive technique."

Toms nodded doubtlessly.

"You guys stay back for a while. I'll be working with the healer for a long time."

"Yes, sir, understood."

As his men left the room, Toms said happily.

"I'm very happy to receive such good treatment. By the way, don't worry about pay in the future."

"How... are you going to pay?"

"Don't worry. I won't let you down. It'll be the best in the industry."

Toms only answered vaguely but did not tell the exact amount.

'You damn thing. You're not going to pay me for being a slave!'

Raymond had a clear view of Toms's plot.

But he smiled as if he didn't know, as if he were innocent.

"I see. I'll trust you, Mr. Toms!"

"Haha."

"Now that we're getting started, would you like to lie here on the sofa? I'll use the best secret."

Toms lay on the couch without a doubt.

There was no way Raymond, the unarmed and empty-handed weakling healer, could have done anything to him.

"I'll examine your abdomen first."

Raymond pressed his abdomen gently as if he were a patient.

"Yes, there doesn't seem to be any particular abnormality. I'll look at the heart next."

"What is that?"

"It's an ancient artifact, a stethoscope. It will help me detect any abnormalities in the heart."

It was created through Dwarf Offensive. Incidentally, this also cost an awful lot of money.

'Damn it, dwarf robbers. It's all money. Everyone is money. The sadness I experience when I don't have money. Someday I'll enjoy wealth and prosperity and comfort myself.'

Raymond took the stethoscope to his heart, erasing his thoughts. It was an important moment.

Boom! Boom!

Was that the sound from the stethoscope?

Or was his heart shaking because of the tension?

A thunderous sound rang out.

"Heup!"

Raymond launched the 'operation' with a single groan.

"What's wrong?"

"There's something wrong with your heart."

Toms looked startled.

"My heart?"

"Oh, yes. Don't worry. It's going to be a simple procedure that will take care of it."

Raymond then gently placed his palm over Toms's heart.