Chapter 112

[Stats]

[Intellect: 44 (+5) → 54]

He originally had 39 intellect. He had a +5 modifier from his Military Doctor class, and an additional 10 from his attributes.

Raymond felt like his head was spinning.

By now, Remerton was feeling pleasantly modest.

"No, I'm embarrassed. I was merely stating the basics of military law."

Then he glared at Raymond.

Raymond wasn't sure how to react.

'What should I do, tell him I don't think so?'

But there was a problem.

He hadn't yet discovered the enemy's true purpose.

'If I don't find out what they're really after, they won't listen to me.'

Raymond thought.

What the enemy really wants.

'...I'm not sure.'

Although his stats had been boosted by his attributes, Raymond was not a soldier at heart.

His strategic thinking was limited.

Instead, Raymond decided to think about it his way.

'If I were the enemy, what would I want the most, what would I go after the most?'

He thought about what he wanted the most, in a snobbish way.

At this moment, what would the enemy most want to have?

'...What?'

A chill ran down Raymond's spine.

'It's the Vestian supply base! Everything else is a trick of the eye, they're going for the Vestian supply base!'

He looked at the map. A short ride up the road through the Kunka estate led to the Vestian Supply Base.

It was the primary storage location for supplies from the Kingdom of Houston!

'They must be targeting the supplies at the supply base!'

Raymond felt dizzy.

'No! All the herbs and healing materials I ordered are in that supply base!'

Raymond had just ordered a huge amount of herbs and healing materials with the half a million pena he'd gotten from blackmailing the high-level healers, and they were now stacked in the Vestian supply base.

If that base were to be robbed, he would be bankrupt.

'This is no time to stand idly by. I must stop them!'

"I beg your pardon, sir, but may I speak?"

Raymond immediately raised his hand.

All eyes in the room turned to him.

Most of them were glares, but he was about to lose hundreds of thousands of pena.

"As far as I can tell, the purpose of the Drotonian army lies elsewhere."

"...What?"

Remerton arched an eyebrow.

Ordinarily, his heart would have sank, but the C-grade Heart of Steel skill kept him from backing down.

'I will protect my property!'

Determined, Raymond opened his mouth.

"The enemy is positioned north of the road. Their primary target is likely the Vestian supply base, and here's my reasoning..."