Chaptee 176

"Let's start a conversation. There must be a rationale behind your actions."

Raymond advanced toward the cat tribe, aware that engaging in conflict would prove futile.

He needed to communicate with them to dispel any misconceptions.

"Why are you doing this to us? We haven't caused you any harm..."

However, the response was far from favorable.

"Shut up!"

The woman at the forefront snapped.

Despite her small stature, she exuded a sharp, cat-like appearance.

"Because of the poison you spread, countless of our kin have perished. And you claim no harm?"

"...?"

"Even without this, I had contemplated pursuing you to the ends of the earth, yet you come here fearlessly. I am Sonia, an esteemed inheritor of the Great Cat. Today, I will exact vengeance for the grievances of our tribe by ending your life."

Raymond finally grasped the motivation behind the catfolk's actions.

'The catfolk have also fallen victim to the poison, resulting in widespread deaths! They've misunderstood our intentions.'

Raymond wore a troubled expression.

'How can I rectify this misunderstanding?'

It seemed challenging to communicate effectively when their eyes were turned away.

Fortunately, a message popped up.

[Heal the Wounds of the Catfolk!]
(Medicine Quest)

[Medical Level: Three Scalpels

Difficulty: Medium

Quest Description: The catfolk have suffered significant wounds from a terrible disaster. As a healer, please heal their wounds!

Clear Condition: Treat the wounds of the catfolk.

Rewards: Bonus level up x2, 70 skill points

Perks: Absolute favor from the cat people]

"It's a misunderstanding. We too have fallen victim to the same disaster..."

However, the catfolk responded with hostility, raising their tails and emanating sharp animosity.

"Silence! We already know of your misdeeds. To dare speak such lies!"

'Why are they acting like this? When did we do anything?'

Amid Raymond's confusion, the other party shared a surprising revelation.

"You with the captivating emerald eyes! Someone with the same eyes was witnessed scheming in that mine by our very own eyes! Judging by those distinctive irises, you're undoubtedly involved!"

"...!"

Raymond's eyes widened.

'What's going on? Scheming in the mine? Someone is responsible for this disaster?'

Moreover, the catfolk precisely used the expression 'emerald eyes.'

It meant they saw who the culprit was.

'I need to find out!'

But the situation took a turn for the worse.

"Kill them all! Especially that one with the emerald eyes, tear him to pieces!"

The catfolk lunged forward with sharp claws.

'Ugh!'

Elmud and the other knights blocked their way.