Chapter 144

"Baron Penin has captured the capital of the Kingdom of Droton?"

"What?"

When they first heard the news, the Houston Kingdom troops all reacted in disbelief.

Suddenly capturing the capital of an enemy country was too much to ask.

'No matter how much of a strategic genius Baron Penin is, it doesn't make sense.'

'Yes, maybe a rumor got spread incorrectly.'

But the barracks were shaken to their core when a spy on the Drotonian side revealed that the rumors were true.

"It's true! It's really Baron Penin who conquered the enemy's capital!"

"H-How? Isn't there a misunderstanding?"

It was Prince Remerton, the one who provided the cause of their defeat.

He became a scapegoat, unable to utter a word, and was cornered in a corner of the barracks.

Seeing Raymond achieve such a feat left him dumbfounded.

"Th-that-isn't it ridiculous. How can a single man take the capital of an enemy country?"

Remerton stammered in shock, and under the sharp glare of King Odin, he blurted out.

"I-it must be a false rumor, there is no way such a thing is possible..."

"Shut up."

"...!"

"You've caused an irreparable defeat with your misjudgment, and you're treating a man who has made outstanding contributions with such an attitude."

The voice was genuinely angry.

Remerton's complexion turned white.

King Odin looked aside and said.

"Your punishment was intended to be carried out later, once the situation had stabilized. However, I have decided to implement it now. For your part in the defeat, Remerton, I will strip you of all your official titles. Furthermore, you are forbidden to appear in public until further notice."

"...!"

The barracks erupted in shock.

Remerton was currently serving in a number of official capacities, and to abdicate all of them and not appear in public at the same time?

Royalty. That, too, was an incredibly humiliating punishment for a man who claimed the throne.

"Y-Your Majesty."

"That's too much..."

Remerton's followers stepped forward, troubled. But,

"Too much?"

"..."

"Do you really think it's too much?"

Everyone was silent.

It was actually a very lenient punishment.

For this time, Remerton's mistake was one that would have been worthy of a decapitation.

If, in fact, Remerton had not been a prince.

Or he might have been, if his mother hadn't been a member of the Tern House, ruling the western region of the kingdom, the outcome might have been different.

"Stay back."

Remerton disappeared, his face a mask of disbelief.

People clicked their tongues at the sight of him.