Chapter 45

"I don't want any profit. But will you continue to think ill of me as a baseless prejudice?"

Rao bit his lip when he heard those words.

He did not believe Raymond.

But was his judgment blurred by his illness?

Now he was confused.

The clear emerald color seemed to be solely concerned about himself.

"I don't know why you look at me like that. I was only acting out of concern for my patients."

"..."

"Frankly, I don't like you. Do you know why I'm coming forward like this?"

"... Why?"

"Because you are a patient now!"

"...!"

Thanks to his Silver Tongue skill, he was deeply moved by the sentence.

"Other than the fact that you are my patient at this moment, nothing else matters to me. I just want to heal you as a healer."

'I want to heal you.'

The words touched Rao's heart lying in bed.

'... Did I misunderstand?'

Rao's eyes shook.

He didn't know.

Frankly, he still didn't believe him.

His genius intuition warned him.

That he shouldn't trust him.

'But still...'

He could feel one thing.

That at this moment, he was not lying when he said that he wanted to heal him.

Because if it were a lie, he would never have been able to look at him with such an intense look.

A look like that was not a look that could be decorated.

If he decorated even that look in his eyes, the healer in front of him would be an unrivaled performer and con artist.

"...Is there any way to cure me?"

Raymond nodded.

"According to ancient knowledge, this infectious disease is caused by a decrease in the body's blood components called platelets."

He still didn't know what the disease was.

However, he did know the pathological mechanism (Pathogenesis), the principle by which the infectious disease caused the problem.

Therefore, he also knew what the cure was.

It was easy.

"So you have to replenish the missing ingredient."

"That is...?"

"We just need to replenish it with someone else's blood."

Instantly, a hush fell over the room.

Did their head refuse to accept it? Everyone seemed not to fully understand the meaning of Raymond's words.

But that was for a short while.

Rao was furious.

"That's outrageous! A demon could use it! It is unacceptable!"

He had an expression of opposition to the limit from beginning to end.

'That's a natural reaction.'

Raymond thought. Blood transfusion. A common treatment on modern Earth, but not here.