Chapter 159

Envoy.

Officially known as the Disaster Commissioner.

It referred to an individual vested with the king's authority to address calamities.

This wasn't a novel title but rather a role that had existed within the Cross Federation Empire.

'In the case of significant disasters like earthquakes or severe floods that local lords cannot handle on their own, the king dispatches this position.'

In any case, it was a position that suited Raymond.

His skills as a healer will be put to good use.

'I will succeed and become a feudal lord!'

Raymond's heart swelled with anticipation as he envisioned a promising future.

He would attain immense honor, wealth, and glory, not to mention the satisfaction of outshining those haughty nobles who had once looked down on him.

Furthermore, he would wield his influence to aid his patients, an ideal scenario.

'Wait, seat of a feudal lord, here comes Raymond!'

Raymond's eyes swirled with a mixture of snobbery and compassion for his patients as he proclaimed his dreams.

His heart was pounding at the prospect of such a golden future, but he had one regret: now that he was an envoy, he would have to leave the capital.

The people of the capital were greatly disappointed.

"You've just returned, and now you're leaving so soon."

"It's truly unfortunate."

Raymond shared their sentiments.

'When I reflect on it, the Penin Clinic has become like a second home to me as a healer, but I cannot remain here.'

However, it was an inevitable circumstance.

After all, he had just one body.

Even when his envoy duties concluded and he assumed the role of a lord in Rafalde, he'd still spend time there for an extended period.

Of course, his position as a lord wouldn't confine him.

He was, above all, a healer, and he'd be wherever his patients needed him.

'Initially, I'll focus on laying a strong foundation. Later, I can appoint a trusted deputy and concentrate on traveling between my territory and the clinic to tend to my patients.'

This was the approach taken by numerous other feudal lords.

'First and foremost, I am a healer, before being a lord.'

Shouldn't being a feudal lord suffice?

No.

Raymond was still thirsty.

'Being a feudal lord is just an intermediate step in my journey, because my real goal is to become the best Healer on the continent.'

A provincial lord.

And the best healer in the continent.

Who could claim greater success?

There was no need to ask.

It was the latter.

Raymond wanted more than anything to live once, to live a life of overwhelming success.

'The power of the best healer on the continent is beyond the empire.'

Contemplating one of the current leading healers on the continent, the Radiant Saint, Raymond acknowledged that the Saint's capabilities were unquestionably on par with those of a single feudal lord.