Chapter 72

"As the First Princess of the First House of the Kingdom, Laverne, I can tell you that something smells fishy, and I think it's best left to the Kingdom's investigative forces."

Count Garison's back went cold. He realized something was wrong.

'They're going to take Ronald away to be investigated? They can't do that!'

What if Ronald fell into the wrong hands?

What if he admitted that this was all a plot by Count Garinson?

It will be over.

He would be disgraced beyond measure, and the reputation of the Healing Tower would be brought to ruin.

'They've been planning this all along?'

Count Garinson's heart sank.

From organizing a rally of the commoners in support of Raymond, to the appearance of Rao and Christine.

It was all his script.

"I don't think so. This is an internal matter of the Healing Tower, and I'll let them conduct their own more rigorous investigation."

Garinson backed down.

There was no way he was handing Ronald over here.

'Damn, now that it's like this, the plan is a failure. I need to get out of the way first and keep his mouth shut.'

Keep his mouth shut.

He meant to kill him secretly.

"That's not going to work, we'll take him away and hand him over to the Kingdom Investigation Team, guys!"

Rao didn't come alone.

As a high-ranking official, he had brought an escort.

Count Garinson's stomach churned.

"What are you doing, Ronald?! Why don't you follow me?"

"I'm not following you."

"... what?"

The moment. Ronald dropped the bombshell.

"S-sirs, you don't need to, it's all a lie."

"Ronald?"

Ronald sank to his knees, his eyes watering.

"Count Garinson paid me to frame Baron Penin, and it was all my lies!"

"...!"

Horror spread through the hall.

Count Garinson leaped to his feet and shouted.

"Y-you, you! What kind of nonsense, what kind of lies, do you want to die?!"

"Kill me."

"What?"

"Kill me, you damned bastard, ugh. How dare you frame such a fine person. You're not even a man!"

Ronald had his reasons.

The look on his neighbors' faces reminded him of all that Raymond had done for them.

'I'm crazy to think of framing such a good man, even under threat.'

Ronald was one of the many people who have been freed from the debt of loan shark Solen thanks to Raymond.

But he was not the only one.

Some of his close relatives were cured for a small price.

How many others have been helped by this prince?