Chapter 175

Initially, it was Raymond who was slated to receive the Borison Estate. However, due to becoming a feudal lord, the plan underwent a change.

If he had indeed received the Borison Estate as initially intended, he would have found himself in significant trouble.

Nevertheless, the pressing priority now is to halt the extraction of magical ore! Raymond urgently reached out to the Lord of the Borison Estate, who, coincidentally, was Count Trentby.

However, Count Trentby's response proved unexpectedly defiant.

-Stop the extraction? Don't utter absurdities.

He dismissed Raymond's directive.

***

Count Trentby, a prominent figure among the lords who had voiced objections to Raymond, held a commanding presence.

He nurtured aspirations of ousting Raymond and reaching for the title of a feudal lord.

Consequently, he staunchly resisted Raymond's instructions.

- Where's the evidence that such a toxic substance originated from the magical ore mine in this estate?

"Given various circumstances, your estate's magical ore mine is the most probable source."

- So, where is your evidence?

Count Trentby said ominously.

- To shut down the lifeblood of this estate without any evidence, how imprudent of you.

Count Trentby had grounds for his stance.

Firstly, there was his deep-seated resentment towards Raymond.

Additionally, there were practical reasons beyond that.

'If we close down the magical ore mine, the Borison Estate will collapse completely.'

Apart from the magical ore mine, the Borison Estate possessed almost nothing-essentially an estate with nothing but the mines.

It didn't even compare to a small manor.

'Moreover, considering the substantial investment in setting up the magical ore extraction facilities, there's no way they can simply withdraw.'

Magical ore extraction involves more than just digging rocks with a shovel.

It necessitates large-scale magical installations.

Given the nature of the Magic Tower, the installation costs would undoubtedly be astronomical.

If Count Trentby were to halt magical ore extraction, he would inevitably face utter bankruptcy.

'... Somehow, it feels a bit pitiful.'

Raymond cleared his throat.

The mere contemplation of nearly finding himself in such a dire situation sent shivers down his spine.

'But still, I can't let it persist.'

Leaving it untouched would perpetuate the contamination of the Hail River with toxic substances.

At worst, the river could wither away completely.

'It might be fine for now. But as time elapses, we might be unable to restore the river.'

Contemplating downstream territories, a total of six estates lined the Hail River.

If the river disappeared, these estates would transform into true wastelands.