Chapter 153

'Is that wretch insane?'

'How dare he speak to Duke Leif like that?'

People stared in amazement. But Alfred had his reasons.

'Raymond, he's the reason I'm being removed as heir apparent!

He was Christine's brother, and Christine's recent rise to prominence had jeopardized the duke's position as heir.

Alfred believed it was all because of Raymond and was consumed by hatred and jealousy.

So, when Duke Leif praised Raymond so extravagantly, Alfred couldn't control his anger.

"Nonsense?"

"That, yes, Your Excellency, even if you had been cured by Baron Penin, if you told a false story..."

"False?"

Duke Leif's eyes grew cold.

At that moment.

Swoosh!

A beam of light cut through the air.

It was a fork.

With startling swiftness, Duke Leif launched his attack, the fork materializing seemingly from thin air, its trajectory aimed directly at Alfred's throat.

"... Huh?"

A shallow cut marred Alfred's neck, from which a few droplets of blood emerged.

"Kkeuaaaaaak!"

Despite the minor graze, Alfred's scream resonated as though his throat had been gruesomely slashed.

Duke Leif's gaze settled on him with an air of disdain.

"I once employed a similar maneuver against Baron Penin. The outcome was remarkable. Unlike you, he anticipated and evaded the strike. It seems you've acquired some skill with a blade. Were you possessed of a functioning brain, you'd understand the implications."

"..."

Incidentally, Alfred was a practitioner of mana manipulation.

For him to accurately discern and evade an attack he hadn't even properly seen carried a significant implication-Raymond's level of expertise surpassed that of a Sword Expert.

"But that's not all. During the fall of Droton's royal capital, Baron Penin delivered a lethal blow to the enemy's Sword Master, Kalis. Do you still dismiss my words as mere nonsense?"

Duke Leif's proclamation left everyone astounded.

Raymond's pivotal strike against the enemy's Sword Master had previously been a little-known anecdote, but now it stood unveiled by Duke Leif's revelation.

Witnesses to this account, including Rao, Christine, and Elmud, chimed in simultaneously.

"Indeed, it's true. Baron Penin truly turned the tide."

At this juncture, doubt was replaced with a burgeoning belief in Duke Leif's words.

Raymond had undeniably demonstrated himself as a prodigious talent in swordsmanship, a virtuoso of celestial proportions.

In the banquet hall, every eye was fixed upon Raymond, brimming with awe.

'A healing proficiency surpassing that of even a seasoned healer, a universally respected character, tactical brilliance, and now, a mastery of swordsmanship as well?'

'Could it be that if Baron Penin were to truly dedicate himself to swordsmanship, he could even eclipse Lord Elmud?'

'Perhaps he'll achieve Sword Mastery in record time.'