Chapter 13

A surgeon was not a technician.

They must have the wisdom to understand the patient's condition and decide how to treat it more acutely than anyone else.

'They also must have the physical strength to undergo physically demanding surgeries or to treat a large number of patients.'

Which meant he must increase all his star power values, and the conclusion was eff! ort! That was it.

'Become the best healer I can be. Then I can enjoy all the wealth and honor!'

Raymond looked at the patient with increasing enthusiasm.

"Welcome. This way, please."

"I'll heal you!"

"Oh! That must have been painful. This herb is the best remedy for such wounds!"

The patients were moved by Raymond's hard work.

"Oh, my. Thank you, healer. I can't believe you're treating me so diligently."

"I've never had a healer who worked so hard to treat me."

"Thank you!"

It was hard not to be impressed when you met healers like Raymond if you met the most insufferable ones who were always trying to take over.

Of course, Raymond was working harder for his own growth, but the patients were just grateful.

[Experience is gained!]

[You have leveled up!]

[Fame will increase for kind treatment!]

[You have touched a patient's heart! Skill points will be given as a bonus!]

'That's nice! It would be nice to make money here.'

Money! Money! Money!

Raymond, who thought of money in his head, drooled.

'How great would it be to make money?'

He didn't know.

This was because he had never properly touched money since he lived his whole life as an apprentice and a scolded dirty illegitimate child.

'I'll definitely bite when I first earn my gold.'

The taste of gold coins must be sweet. He was happy just imagining it.

Of course, he still had a long way to go.

'If I try, I'll be fine. I'll make sure to enjoy the wealth and honor of the best!'

When such rewarding and smooth days passed by.

There was a big incident that caused a big commotion at the Belland treatment center.

Count August's son, a great noble family in the southern part of the kingdom, had been stabbed by a knife.

He was disguised in the clothes of a poor commoner.

No one in the treatment center was pleased.

***

Klein, the eldest son of Count August, a prestigious noble in the southern region of the Kingdom of Houston, gritted his teeth as he held his bleeding belly.

'Damn it. Where did the information leak from?'

Blood was pouring out of his leaning stomach.

The Kingdom of Houston was currently in a fierce battle for the throne between the three princes.