Chapter 11

Flinch.

Maybe after the patient had been treated? A petty instinct surfaced in Raymond's mind.

'What if they misunderstand?'

The situation had been so fraught earlier that he hadn't been able to discern back and forth, but he wondered how strange it must have looked to the people here.

The people who misunderstood him might frame him for the murder of the royal family.

He fumbled for an excuse for his behavior.

"Oh, this was an act of trying to help the princess. It was never an action that would have harmed Her Highness. She has already recovered, so move her quickly to the treatment room..."

Fortunately, the situation that worried Raymond did not occur.

He heard the following voice.

"It's fine. I know you didn't mean to harm the princess."

"...!"

Raymond's eyes widened.

Just as much as Seitil and Sophia.

No, it was more than that, because it was a voice he would never forget.

King Odin.

Raymond's own father, the originator of his misfortune, stood before him.

Ba-dump! Ba-dump!

Raymond's chest was at a fever pitch.

Anger? Hatred? He didn't know exactly what it was, but it was swirling around him uncontrollably.

"... Greetings to His Great Majesty the King."

Raymond hurriedly boiled to his knees, suppressing his emotions.

"..."

King Odin looked down at Raymond silently for a moment.

'Why is he looking at me like that?'

When the strange feeling passed for a while, the king opened his mouth.

"I'm going to end the banquet with this."

Then he turned to Raymond and said.

"Raymond, you're to wait until I call you back."

All eyes of the banquet hall were on the king.

"I will give the prize for saving the princess."

***

When Raymond was reunited with his biological father for the first time in years, he was filled with emotions that he could not describe.

It was never a good feeling.

It was more like hatred.

King Odin was the root cause of all the misfortunes that Raymond had to go through.

If he had not been born as the bastard son of the noblest king, Raymond would not have experienced so much pain.

'He should have let me die then. Why did he save me?'

When Raymond, who was left alone after losing his mother, was dying in the slums, Odin came.

Odin looked silently at his son, who was emaciated like a skeleton, and brought him straight to the royal palace.

'Save him.'

'Your Majesty?'

'It doesn't matter how you do it, so save him no matter what!'