Chapter 170

In a distant foreign land from the Rafalde region, within a splendid castle, a refined lady with her face concealed behind a veil sighed deeply.

"They've started mining magic stones in the Borison territory in Rafalde, haven't they?"

"Yes, that's correct."

The knight who politely knelt before the lady raised an eyebrow.

"But why are you asking me about this?"

It was a valid question, as the Rafalde region of the Houston Kingdom had no apparent relevance to them.

"No reason. You may leave."

The knight was puzzled but didn't harbor any suspicions.

The lady in front of him was too noble for him to doubt her.

'There must be some deeper meaning.'

He thought as he departed.

After the knight left, the lady sighed deeply once more.

"Sigh."

Was it due to this heavy sigh?

The veil that had covered the lady's face fluttered in the wind, revealing a shocking countenance.

It was the same woman who had poisoned the former Archduke Berard, initiating the dreadful catastrophe.

"It's begun now. A terrible disaster will unfold."

The lady, known as the 'Hypocritical Saint,' wore a sinister expression.

"Why do 'they' commit such dreadful acts?"

'They.'

The ones who had plunged her life into the abyss.

She knew nothing about 'them.'

She didn't know where they were based, who they were, the scale of their operation, their purposes, or even their names.

The only thing she could know was that they were terrible, demon-like individuals.

'... Aren't I the same? I became a demon myself by joining hands with them."

The lady gnashed her teeth.

Yes, she was a demon too.

Despite her outwardly commendable appearance, she had committed countless heinous acts by lending her hand to them.

The recent events in the Rafalde region were no exception.

'To commit such wrongdoings... I'm undoubtedly going to fall into the deepest of hells.'

She knew she didn't even have the right to feel guilt.

She was not just a worm but the worst of sinners.

'Perhaps Raymond... Could he stop this disaster?'

She entertained the thought for a moment but then shook her head.

It wouldn't be easy.

'No matter how many ancient techniques he possesses, it's impossible. The spreading disease is a horrendous kind that the world has never seen before.'

She had a sinister thought.

A disease that had never existed before!

The spreading epidemic in the Rafalde region meant just that.

'Moreover, it's been a month since the magic stone mining started. Everything must be stopped within that time. Once that time passes, it's over.'

Only a month.