Chapter 26

One hundred pennies.

That was dozens of times more than Raymond was currently receiving.

It was outrageous, but it was the amount these healers were actually receiving.

They were receiving at least a hundred pennies for each treatment.

Even for commoners who could afford it, the backbone was much more expensive, not to mention the poor.

'There's no way any poor person could afford to pay for that kind of treatment.'

Raising the cost of the treatment was something that Raymond desperately wanted.

To be honest, he also wanted to receive the money in the highest amount possible.

But even if he tried to rip them off, wouldn't you have to have money to be ripped off?

Currently, the amount of money that Raymond received was also a marginal amount for the poor.

"There is no one in these slums who can afford such a large sum."

"What does that matter?"

"...!"

"The heals we use are a power given to us by the heavens. If you want to receive such a noble treatment, you will naturally have to pay a reasonable price. If you don't have the money, why do you want to take the treatment? That is the mind of a thief. If you don't have the money to pay a fair price, it is right to stand around quietly."

Raymond frowned.

It was simple.

But it was also an idea that many healers had.

Because if you don't pay, there were countless healers who wouldn't freak out if a patient died in front of them.

'That's not it.'

Raymond's eyes grew cold.

He liked money, too.

But this was different.

'Their actions played a major role in the lack of proper treatment for people in the Bay Area.'

No matter how much money they wanted, a healer would at least have a path to follow, but these guys weren't even human.

"I know what you're all talking about."

"Okay, good. Then, get the money as soon as you can...!"

"But can't you guys open your eyes? I'm a nobleman."

"..."

The healers fell silent.

Raymond leaned back in his chair and crossed his legs arrogantly.

"When you came in, you didn't say hello properly and raised your voice. Someone might think you're nobles. Hanson, did you see that? Are they threatening me?"

Hanson paced in a calm tone.

"Yes, I clearly saw those guys insulting and threatening Sir 'knight.'"

"How can a powerless aristocrat live in fear of commoners?"

The vicious healers could not say anything about his father and mother.

They were commoners.

Raymond was a member of the aristocracy, even if he was honorary.

Because the attitude they just showed was clearly wrong.

"I-it's a misunderstanding. What we intended to do is..."