Chapter 52

He stepped over to the new healers who were glancing at him.

"Wait a minute, can I sit down too?"

"...!"

They nodded with a look that greeted a nasty uninvited guest.

"Oh, yes..."

Raymond sat down, and it was time for the new healers to make a disgusted face.

Raymond acted abruptly.

He pulled something out of his chest and placed it on the table. It was a fancy tag with the cane inscribed on it, the Order of the Cane of Light!

'Hmph!'

'That?'

The new healers sucked in their breath.

The Order of the Wand of Light honors the great Saint Alex of the Kingdom of Houston.

In other words, every healer in the Kingdom of Houston must pay homage to the recipient of this order.

"..."

"..."

They were all speechless and couldn't say anything. The meaning of the action that Raymond had just displayed was clear.

-You can't even get a medal like this. Why are you talking behind my back like that?

In other words, shame on you.

The new healers blushed. But their humiliation did not end there.

Hanson made a timely interjection.

"Senior, that's the wand of light, isn't it?"

"Oh, yeah."

"But it's funny. I know that a healer would have to pay homage to this medal when they see it, but..."

Hanson cocked his head and looked at the new healers.

"Perhaps you guys are ignoring Saint Alex?"

"...!"

The new healers were greatly perplexed.

"I-it's not like that."

"I-it's a great medal!"

Hanson did not back down. They were the ones who had insulted Raymond, the man he respected most in the world. He took it out on them a little more.

"Your voices are very quiet. I presume from those little voices, you must be ignoring the great Saint Alex."

"No! It's a magnificent medal! It is a great, great honor to receive such a splendid medal."

The new healers blushed so red that their faces split with shame, and Hanson turned his head to talk to himself.

They could hear everything.

"I don't understand. I would work harder to become a recipient of such a medal, instead of bad-mouthing them behind their backs like that."

"..."

Hearing that soliloquy, they could not repeat anything. Their faces only reddened with shame.

The new healers who had made such a fuss without knowing the subject disappeared into a corner with embarrassed faces, then finally saw the order.

The examinations began. Baron Canton took the stage.

"The subject of the first exam is healing powers. Each of you will try to spread your heels."

It was the usual test event. Heels were the basis of the healer. However, Baron Canton mentioned one more stipulation that had not been there before.

"We have decided to add a new stipulation this time. Anyone who uses heels that are not grade D will be considered unqualified and will have their healer license revoked!"