Chapter 84

Seitil also had no intention of challenging him to a duel.

If he could humiliate him in his speech, that would be enough.

But the moment he realized he wasn't humiliated, that he was in the spotlight, and that even the lady of the noble family he'd secretly harbored a black heart for was looking at Raymond,

His eyes rolled back.

He made an extreme choice.

Pick him out in a duel and beat him up in front of everyone!

It would be a picture of persecution of the weak and powerless, and it wouldn't do Seitil any favors, but he wasn't the kind of person who cared about such delicacies, and right now, all he could think about was beating him up.

"Raise your sword!"

Several people chimed in on this ridiculous duel.

"Your Highness, Baronet Penin is a healer. It would be better for you to appoint someone else...."

"Shut up!"

The head of the guard happened to be Lord Valton, a senior member of the Royal Knights who had gotten to know Raymond on a previous expedition to the ruins, and since King Odin had already left, he was the one who would have to defuse this embarrassing situation.

"Your Highness, Baronet Penin would not even be able to handle Your Highness's one sword."

"Shut up! Can't you get out of the way instead of babbling uselessly?!"

Royal Knight Valton clenched his fists.

'You cheap little bastard.'

Seitil's tantrums were well-known in the Royal Knights.

There were no answers when he started talking, but Valton would not back down.

'Baronet Penin is a benefactor to our Royal Order, and we must protect him at all costs.'

Meanwhile. Raymond was trembling behind Valton.

'What kind of duel with me, you madman?'

He had no intention of accepting.

But then, Raymond felt a strange stare.

'Look at him, on his high horse.'

'I hope he takes this opportunity to get a good beating.'

Needless to say, not everyone in the ballroom was impressed with Raymond.

There were still a few sneaky glances, and they viewed the situation with suspicion.

'If I freak out and run away, the reputation I've barely managed to build today might turn to water.'

The Kingdom of Houston reveres chivalry.

It is considered the highest disgrace to run away from a duel, and there is a barbaric tradition of honoring slander in a duel.

'If I run away, I'm sure those who hate me will spread all sorts of bad rumors.'

Today's goal, then.

Getting the nobles to come to the healing center would be an uphill battle.

'Ugh. What am I going to do? Damn it, why is that bastard doing this crazy thing of self-destructing with me?'

That was it for the moment.

A thought popped into his head.

'Wait a minute. Isn't this my chance to be a hero?'