Chapter 166

His specialty lay in his exceptional healing skills.

This proved to be a considerable advantage, essentially a potent weapon, as he could attend to patients beyond the capabilities of ordinary healers.

Conducting thorough research beforehand, he anticipated that among the nine lords, there would be individuals in need of his expertise.

Assisting him in his research was Christine.

Currently occupied with ducal affairs in the capital, unlike Raymond, she held strong connections with the Healing Tower.

Leveraging her influence, he gathered crucial information.

'Two. There are lords who could benefit from my healing abilities, and they are notably influential.'

The borderlands of Thor and the mountainous Mefin, known for their mines!

The lords governing these vital territories were grappling with a mysterious illness, causing considerable distress.

Interestingly, both belonged to the Remerton faction.

'These ailments could jeopardize everything they've built, and it's improbable they would reject my assistance.'

Even more fortunately, the lords of these two territories were not stubbornly closed-minded.

'They're only against me because of Remerton - they're for their people, and we can talk.'

Just then, a message popped into his head.

[After forcing the lords to submit, fulfill the duties of a peacekeeper!]
(Medicine Quest)

[Prerequisite: Great Physician Rank

Difficulty: Medium

Quest Description: The Lords are refusing your help out of political self-interest! Browbeat the nasty Lords into submission and repair the war damage as a Peacekeeper!
Conditions to clear: Subjugate the Lords

Reward: x2 bonus level up, 90 skill points

Perks: Great prestige, strong support from the people]

Raymond clenched his fists.

"Rao, summon Lord Thor and Lord Mefin."

"They may not comply."

Rao voiced his concerns.

It was a plausible scenario.

But Raymond shook his head.

"No, they will come to me, for I have what they want most."

"...?"

"Just give them the word."

Raymond asserted.

"That I will prevent the future they fear most."

"...!"

Raymond clenched his fists.

His initial ambition to become a feudal lord had been driven by the desire for wealth.

But now, an additional motive fueled his aspirations.

After Remerton's threats, the need for power became imperative.

'I will not yield to anyone's threats. I will ascend to the position of a feudal lord, wield power, and lead a life untouched by anyone!'

***

To the southwest of the province of Rafalde.

This was the province of Thor.

Once an inland province, it had transformed into a borderland with the Kingdom of Droton.