Chapter 184

He wanted to unravel the essence of the sensation he experienced from Raymond within a specialized royal library exclusively accessible to those possessing saintly eyes.

'Among the Lystein royalty, physical contact typically elicits two sensations: homogeneity or numbness. But a foreign sensation?'

Rashid was deeply troubled.

Such a sensation was unprecedented in his life, and inquiries with elder royals left them equally confused.

Rashid contemplated dismissing it as a fluke, yet he refrained.

Raymond was too good to be ignored.

It was the brilliance of a character named Raymond.

'Perhaps Count Penin is linked to our royal family. I must investigate.'

He had a basis for such speculation.

Thirty years prior, a seventh of the Peninsula's royalty perished in the Great Bloodshed.

Many royals sought refuge outside the country during that tumultuous period.

It led Rashid to ponder whether Raymond had connections to the exiled royals.

'If so, it's plausible he's associated with the royalist faction.'

The majority of royals who sought refuge during the Great Bloodshed were aligned with the Royalist faction.

This affiliation arose from the disaster rooted in opposition to the reigning king, Feian VII, three decades ago.

He was dethroned and sought refuge in a foreign land, and those loyal royals who followed him faced extermination.

Fifteen years later, a subsequent uprising occurred, ousting the usurper.

Feian VII seized the opportunity amidst the turmoil and reclaimed the throne.

'Many of the royalty loyal to His Majesty fled the country, including my father, a prince.'

Rashid reflected to himself.

'The question remains: if Count Penin's mother belonged to our royal family, why did she conceal her identity?'

The revelation unfolded.

Raymond's mother had passed away when he was very young—while the usurper responsible for the Great Bloodshed still lived.

Revealing his identity would have spelled his demise, prompting her to keep it hidden until her death from the plague.

However, Rashid soon shook his head.

Count Penin's mother's eyes did not bear the emerald hue, indicating he couldn't possibly be of Lysteinian royalty.

'The eyes possess an inherent power that cannot be concealed, even through magical means.'

This explained why everyone dismissed Raymond as not belonging to Peninsula royalty.

"They are the origin of our clan's unique chaotic power, the Bloodstamp, and concealing them is impossible."

Rashid shook his head.

Considering all factors, it appeared improbable that Raymond had any connection to their royalty.

'Yet, what was that distinct feeling of otherness? There must be a reason behind it.'

Sighing, Rashid exited the library.

As the stunning architecture unfolded before him, Rashid, well-acquainted with the unsavory side of the royal palace, felt a sense of disillusionment.