Chapter 70

Money!

He wanted to say, "Give me the money!" but he held back.

'This is not the time to ask for money. I have to get something bigger.'

To get it, Raymond put on a pensive face.

"I'm a healer. Just being able to heal people is good enough for me. It's just that these days... actually, no."

"Healer?"

"No, I think I'm talking nonsense, and it's none of your business, Baron, never mind."

Raymond trailed off, exuding an air of 'It's important, please pay attention!'

Fortunately, Baron Smyden was not blind.

"Please tell me what's going on, because I might be able to help."

"Actually..."

Raymond hesitantly handed Baron Smyden a piece of paper.

It was a letter from the Healing Tower!

"This is..."

Baron Smyden's face turned red when he saw the contents of the letter.

"The money-grubbing bastards at the Healing Tower have no shame in such an official letter..."

Baron Smyden was a wise man.

He realized the intent of the letter at once.

And the pressure Raymond was under behind his back.

"Very well, I may not be a great noble, but I think I can be of assistance to the healer in this matter."

Baron Smyden.

What he lacked in wealth and power, he made up for in respectability.

He was a member of the fallen aristocracy, but his tireless scholarship and deep knowledge earned him the respect of many, and he served as a professor at the Royal Academy.

'How dare they mess with such a great man. Those money-grubbing bastards from the Tower of Healing.'

Baron Smyden immediately took out a pen and began to write a letter for Raymond.

***

A few days later, a paper appeared in the Proceedings of the Royal Academy with a hitherto unseen subject.

<Medicine. About its mysteries and excellencies.>

"Medicine? What is this?"

Those who read the journal scratched their heads.

The Journal of the Royal Academy was the most prestigious journal in the Kingdom of Houston, and yet here it was, in such a prestigious journal, mentioning such a strange subject.

"Isn't this the cure that Baronet Penin uses?"

"Oh, the one that cured Princess Sophia, but wasn't that a miscellaneous treatment? That's what my healer friend said?"

"I thought so, too, but they say it's been growing a lot lately."

They looked at the paper with interest.

They couldn't tell if it was written by someone else, but the author was Professor Smyden.

'There is no way that the esteemed Professor Smyden would have written something so strange in his paper. Let's see what it says.'

The paper began like this.

[Is medicine a pseudoscience? No, perhaps it is a new blessing to replace heals.]