Chapter 135

As if to warn them, the arrows landed squarely at their feet.

Soon a cloud of dust rose from the sand and a group of horsemen appeared.

It was the Lan!

"This desert is our territory. Turn back, strangers, or our warrior spears will pierce your hearts."

Raymond and the others stiffened.

This was an unexpectedly hostile response.

'What? I thought they were a neutral tribe?'

There are several groups of immigrants in the desert.

He thought the Lan were one of the more moderate?

"We have come to trade with your people. Please escort us to your chieftain, for we have a very important message."

"Shut up!"

"...!"

The bald man in the lead shouted.

"You tried that last time, to sneak up on us and steal our treasure. Thanks to you, the chief's son is still ill, and we won't be fooled this time!"

Raymond realized what was happening: someone had gotten ahead of them, lured them in with a deal, and then ambushed them.

'Well, well, well. Timing.'

Just then, Elmud stepped forward, a determined look on his face.

"I'll take a shot."

"Elmud?"

"They are a race of warriors. There must be something about fellow warriors."

Elmud took a deep breath, stepped forward, and opened his mouth in his characteristically frustrated tone.

"My name is Elmud, Relief Knight of the Penin Healing Center, and I have come to you for my lord's sake, so in gratitude for that favor..."

"Shut up!"

"I mean it. Milord is for you, so open your hearts and accept his grace..."

The man at the head of the line of repeated frustrated sweet potato persuasion attacks was genuinely annoyed.

"Oh, shut up!"

Raymond pulled Elmud behind him.

'Oh, that's just going to backfire on you, you sweet potato!'

He sighed.

'What do we do?'

Just then, a message popped up.

[Quest is happening!]

[Free the Desert Tribe from Suffering!]
(Medicine Quest)

[Medicine Rank: Two Scalpels

Difficulty: Medium

Quest Description: You've come to help a desert tribe with their ailments, but you've encountered unexpected hostility. It's a doctor's job to clear up misunderstandings. Clear their misconceptions and free the Desert Tribe from the pain of disease.

Clear Conditions: Resolve Disease

Reward: x2 bonus level up, 50 skill points

Perks: The absolute favor of the desert people, an unexpectedly large treasure(?)]

'How do I relieve the minds of those who shoot arrows out of the blue?'

Raymond frowned.

'I think that's easier said than done?'