EP.8|All Shadows Have A Dark Side, But Somebody Special Can Bring Out The Light

Last time on Good At Being Bad, CJ woke up in Carlos's bed, thinking that they did “something”, but with the help of a truth spell, we finally learn what CJ means to him. Now, let's see what Freddie is up to.

Warning: Very serious chapter, covers depression and anxiety

Meanwhile in the rose garden, dedicated to Sleeping Beauty and Belle, Freddie was brushing Voodoo’s feathers. “I can’t believe you and Nevermore got so dirty while we were gone.” Freddie chuckled. Freddie then heard whispers from down the hall.

“Yeah, that’s her. She’s his daughter.” The whispers said. Freddie shook her head and continued brushing Voodoo. “Why doesn't she had a normal pet. I mean look at that thing, is that even an animal.” Freddie sighed and tried to focus on the positive, just like he father always says: “Naysayers are just people who are so gullible you can trick later.” Freddie chuckled remembering the words. “Now that feels better doesn't it Voodoo?” Freddie smiled as Voodoo hooted.

“Honestly, I think Ben only let her in out of pity.” The whispers continued. Freddie looked at the ground. Voodoo raised up her head again, as though the owl was reminding her to not listen to them. “She hangs around those other VK’s, they’re all just animals, especially her. I mean, have you seen that moving shadow!” the whispers started to make her feel nervous.

“She’s just a weirdo. Just like her father. I heard that man got locked up in the shadow realm for eternity!” The whispers make her quiver in fear, she tried to brush it off and continue focusing on the “positive stuff” but the whispers were to loud for her to focus.

“Positive stuff...positive stuff…” Freddie’s shadow looked at the real Freddie worriedlingly. Freddie started breathing heavily. “Look at her. She’s such a freak. Have you heard about what happened to her mother?” Freddie’s eyes started watering.

“Isn't she the one who got shot, the hole Silver Cross Necklace murderer right? Wasn’t that the same person who killed her grandfather?” Freddie started crying a bit, her shadow tried comforting her but she pushed it away.

Freddie looked over to see where the whispers coming from, less than a quarter of the school was in the school courtyard. Laughing at her. Gawking her. Freddie could hear then just repeating the words “Freddie the Freak! Freddie the Freak!” Freddie started crying as she grabbed Voodoo and started running.

It’s just like the last time! Freddie cried as she kept running. I make friends, I seem safe, then everyone teases me! Freddie then hit something. She looked up to see Zeref. She looked into his eyes. Zeref saw how hurt and damaged her was. It pained him to see her so hurt, then again he got angry, he wanted to punch the person who made her cry straight in the face.

Woah...Zeref, calm down! She probably got a bad grade or something...don’t go punching people in the face! Or anybody in the face! Zeref thought as he pulled Freddie into an empty classroom. “Freddie, what happened?” Zeref asked. “I-I-I-I’m scared!” Freddie stuttered. “Scared of what?” Zeref asked.

“At my old school they would always tease me, saying that I was freaky. Or, the girl that has their shadow moving. They said I was too “villianney” they found out about my mother and posted it into the newspaper. I left the school, me and my father, and grandfather ran away to new orleans, they posted my grandfather’s death in the newspaper and everyone in the world found out. When I came to this school, I thought nobody knew. But apparently they do. And now, I’, the laughing stalk of the school!” Freddie sobbed as Zeref hugged her.