EP.68|The Wedding Ceremony (PART 1)

After weeks of rescheduling and planning, Mal and Ben wedding day finally arrived. “Mal, wake up.” Ben whispered making Mal smile.

“Morning, sweetie.” Mal yawned, rubbing her eyes. “Guess what day it is?” Ben asked excitedly. “August 4th.” Mal smile grew as Ben swooped her up, carrying her bridal style.

“We’re getting married today!” Ben cheered. “Hopefully, nothing crazy will happen today.” Mal crossed her fingers.

“Nothing will, Courtly’s putting a protective barrier over the chapel as we speak.” Ben leaned in to kiss Mal’s forehead but Mal put her finger over his lips. “Not till they say you may kiss the bride.” Mal reminded him. “But we kissed in the infirmary. How come we can’t kiss now?” Ben pouted.

“The infirmary was a one time thing. No more kissing till the officiant says you may kiss the bride.” Mal tapped his nose. “Fine…” Ben groaned.

Courtly walked down to the basement of the school. Courtly looked at her hand to see it was spreading to the point where half of her lower arm was half-way faded.

“This is the only way.” she mumbled to herself as she reached a pair of steel doors with a touchpad on the left side of the door.

Courtly pressed her hand on the touchpad as it scanned it. The doors opened revealing Milton sitting in a large plexiglass box with four guards on the sides of the box. Courtly nodded at the guards as the box opened, allowing Courtly to step in.

“Why if it isn't Courtly Jester.” Milton smirked, his wrist in the metal handcuffs that bounded him to the steel table. “Hello Milton.” Courtly greeted as she sat across from him.

“Coffee?” Milton asked as he snapped his fingers making two cups of coffee appear. “What, no sugar?” Courtly raised her eyebrow.

“Ah yes, how can I forget.” Milton chuckled as he made a small cloud, making the sugar trickle down onto Courtly’s coffee. “So, what do I owe the honor of having you hear today?” Milton sipped his coffee.

“Well, I think you know.” Courtly glared at him. “Yes, but I just love it when you glare at me.” Milton growled. “Ugh, to toy with me.” Courtly groaned in disgust. “But in all seriousness, what is the reason you graced me with your presence today?”

Courtly took off her glove and showed Milton her arm. “Fix it.” She demanded. “Pushey.” Milton scoffed. “I said fix it, Milton.” Courtly growled.

“Courtly, this isn't my fault.” Milton chuckled. “Like hell it isn't! You did this to me! And got my children involved in it!” Courtly slammed her hands on the table.

“Not my fault your children are nosey.” Milton sipped his coffee, shrugging as though he didn’t care. “This is between me and you! Not Giles, and definitely not my children!” Courtly yells, her eyes filled with fire.

“You knew the consequences of what you did. You and Giles know what happens. It’s inevitable.” Milton reminded her. “Milton. Grimm. These children are my life. My pride and joy. You already destroyed me and Giles life, don't destroy theirs.” Courtly grimaced.

“It’s. Inevitable!” Milton slammed his hands on the table as well.

“You have me stuck like this forever! Let’s not even start on what you’ve done to Giles life. Furthermore, my children, they’re only teens, almost in their 20’s. Two of them are getting married today! Just leave them out of it!” Courtly yelled.