EP.156|Lightning Strikes Not Once, Not Twice, but Three Times

Zeref stood at the entrance to the underworld. He felt worried, normally, Pain and Panic would meet him at the entrance, but nothing.

I don't like this… Zeref slowly walked into the entrance and was brought to the doors of Hades’ mansion. A loud roar shook the ground he walked on, he looked up to see his pet Cerberus growling at him.

“Cerby!” Zeref hugged his three headed dog, the dogs licked his face happily, “yes, yes, I miss you too.” Zeref laughed.

“Where’s mom and dad?” Cerberus began whimpering. “Cerby, what happened?” Cerberus pointed to the door, Zeref still had a sinking feeling in his stomach.

He opened the door to see everything had scorch marks on it or was turned to ash. He examined the chairs by the fireplace, it was broken.

He went upstairs to see a long hallway with 3 rooms. His parents room, his room, and one at the end of the hallway. His little sister, Lycia, room.

Lycia...where are you. Zeref frowned, and just like that, memories of his little sister came flooding back to him.

6 year old Zeref looked at Persephone’s stomach suspiciously, he didn't understand the whole “baby” and “pregnant” concept yet.

“So, there’s a baby in there?” Zeref poked her stomach making Persephone laugh. She nodded “she’s gonna be your baby sister.”

“How?” Zeref asked. “Because, when a mommy and dad love each other-” Persephone covered Pain and Panic mouths “I’ll explain when you’re older.” Hades chuckled.

“Since you were born first, you’re the oldest, and the baby in mommy’s stomach is your little sister because she was born 2nd.” Persephone explained.

Zeref then felt the baby kick, he quickly backed up “what was that?” “it’s your sister’s way of talking to you, try talking to her.”

“Um...hi, I’m your brother...I can't wait to meet you. I’m gonna show you all the cool stuff, and teach you magic! Oh, and you can help me prank everyone. And you can meet Cerby, he’s just a baby but he’s cool!”

A few months later, Zeref’s little sister, Lycia, was finally born. “Do you wanna carry her, Zeref?” he nodded, Persephone passed the baby girl to him.

“Hey, Lycia, I’m your big brother,” Lycia raised her little hands, reaching up for Zeref. “Don't worry, Lycia, I’ll keep you safe.”

Years later, Zeref was now 12 and Lycia was 6, Zeref woke up one night to a light shaking. “Zeref, hey wake up.” Lycia whispered. “Not now, Lycia, it’s too early.” Zeref turned away from Lycia.

“Please! You promised me that you would take me to see the mermaids.” Lycia got on top of him, shaking him more. “In the morning Lycia.” Zeref yawned, trying to go back to sleep.

“But they’re leaving in the morning,” Lycia kept shaking him “they won't be back until next fall, this is our last chance to see them!”

Zeref sighed and smiled, his sister was so persistent “alright, let’s go, but we have to be back by sunrise. Okay?” Lycia nodded, filling up with excitement.