EP.67|Of Shadows and Snakes

4 more days had passed and they had finally concluded that Zeref and Jasper had regained enough magic power that he would be able to allow themselves to heal while awake.

Freddie and Evie sat over their boyfriend’s body, slowly lifting the sleep spell that they had tirelessly kept over them. A chair was slid behind Freddie and Evie as large hands pressed lightly on their shoulders.

“Sit,” Hunter ordered as he pushed it in closer to the bed so that they could continue their work on Zeref and Jasper.

“Thank you,” Freddie says quietly, a yawn escaping her lips as she continued to wake Zeref slowly.

“Evie you should really take a break you now, you've been using your magic endlessly all week, you only went home once.” Mal suggested

“No, he had to be awake first,” Evie says as she looked down at his peaceful face. Evie had no time to grieve his injuries during the whole fiasco.

She had been working endlessly on everybody's injuries, not that she minded, but it had been rough on it.

Freddie and Evie had wanted to stand by the boys side through the whole ordeal, they wanted to be able to comfort them, wipe the boys sweat that drenched their face as he had the occasional night terror.

They couldn't stand how she had let this happen to their boyfriends.

Sometimes the rest of the VK’s forgot that the girls were just as protective of what was their, and the earring filled with their swirling magic that adorned the boy’s newly pierced ears was proof of that.

“Freddie..,” Carlos said as he squeezed the young Tamaki-user’s shoulder. He recognized the look that she had in her eyes, he had the same look for the entirety of when CJ was unconscious and she couldn't stand to see it in such an innocent face.

“Don't blame yourself kid, there's nothin' that any of us could have done to stop this and you know it's true.”

“I know Hunter, it's just that...I need him to wake up..I need him to be okay.” Evie leaned over and ran her finger along his cheek, only to jump when he groaned and leaned into her touch.

“Jasper…?” Evie asked quietly leaning in a bit closer.

“The very same…” He croaked, laughing quietly. Hunter snickered quietly, raising his hands in defense when Evie shot him a glare that could have rivaled Operetta’s when he touched her song book. Hunter stood and left quickly before Evie turned her attention to Jasper once again.

“Is Zeref up?” Jasper asked as he turned towards Zeref to see Freddie smothering him. “Freddie…! Can’t breathe!” Zeref croaked as Freddie let him go

“How are you feeling?” Freddie asked nervously as she wrung her hands in her lap.

“Freddie I'm fine,” Zeref says with a smile as he sat up slowly, wincing slightly as he did.

“Jasper you might not want to-” She was quickly cut off by a quick kiss.

“Evie for the love of the gods stop worrying about me. Me and Zeref are more worried about you two,” he says as he holds her hand, squeezing it slightly.

“Worried about us?” Freddie asks curiously, knowing that he was the one who had been in danger.

“We can tell that you haven't slept in days,” He says with a shake of his head before a smirk crosses his face.

The two boys grabs their girlfriends arm before pulling them into bed with them, earning a squeal from the girls.

“Jasper!” Evie squealed, giggling as he wrapped his arms around her endearingly.

“Hush, you need sleep and I've missed you,” Jasper says as he pulls her close.

“Zeref I'm supposed to check on the rest of the injuries everyone has…” Freddie whines, a yawn interrupting her complaints about a minute.

“Will you two jus sleep,” Jasper says sternly as he closes his eyes, his voice getting deeper as he becomes sleepy.

“Fine. Just for-” Another yawn interrupts Evie. “-a little bit.”

The two girls fell asleep as soon as she relaxed, snuggling into their boyfriends arms as she enjoyed the feel of his steady breaths against her back, the steady beat of his heartbeat music to her ears.

All the VK’s and their loved ones were safe and sound, none sustaining any serious injuries. The two girls was now finally able to sleep in peace for the first time in a long time.

That peace wouldn't last long.

But that’s a story for another time.