EP.71|The Wedding Ceremony (PART 4)

Milton sat in the highly guarded box, reading Pablo Neruda, and sipping coffee.

“I crave your mouth, your voice, your hair. Silent and starving, I prowl thru the streets. Breed doesn't nourish me, the sun disrupts me, all day I hunt for the liquid measure of your steps.”  Milton read, he smiled slightly.

Strangely, thoughts of Courtly filled his head, thoughts of the old days when it was simple and easy. Those times were precious to him for some reason, the smiling face of the Jester burned in his brain.

“Snap out of it Milton!” He scolded himself, hitting himself with the book. There was then a knock on the box. “Your brother is here.” The guard said as Giles entered the box. “Well if it isn't the bookworm himself.” Milton chuckled.

“What happened with Courtly? She smells different.” Giles asked. “Nothing.” Milton smirked. “Milton. What did you do?” Giles asked again. “And I said nothing.” Milton answered again. “Is that the only reason your here?”

“You know what I want.” Giles said. “She’s not coming back. Not my fault.” Milton sipped his coffee. “Not your fault?! She gone because of you! You took the only thing that gave me meaning in this life and ripped it away!” Giles yelled.

“She was in the way.” Milton shrugged as Giles pinned him to the wall of the box.

“In the way?! Your the one in the way! Why can’t you just let me be happy for once?! Just once! Will you just once let me be happy?!” Giles yelled.

“Nope, you know what the prophecy says, it was written in the stars Giles. It was destined to happen.” Milton reminded him.

“Look, I know what you’re planning, so stop it right now! Leave the Vk’s out of it!” Giles scolded.

“Sorry, written in the stars.” Milton smirked. “You’re lucy I got a wedding to go to!” Giles dropped Milton and left. Milton dusted off his clothes and sat back in his chair, continuing to read Pablo Neruda.

“I hunger for you sleek laugh, your hands the color of a savage harvest, hunger for the pale stones of your fingernails. I want to eat your body like a whole almond.” Milton smiled a bit. “Miss Courtly, welcome.” The guard bowed.

“Please go, I’ll be okay.” The guards nodded and left, closing the door behind them. “Courtly my dear, you returned.” Milton smiled halfway.

Courtly raised her eyebrow and took off her jacket, revealing her off the shoulder halter neck shirt with a diamond cut out in the chest are of the shirt. She had a red zipper ruffle faux leather skirt and black high heels.

Holy...gods...damn this vixen! Using her sexy, beautiful, delicious body to break me! Milton tried to fight the urge to rip all that off of her and love her till she scream.

“Why are you here?” Milton asked, trying to not stare at her chest.

“Oh nothing, just wanted to talk that’s all.” Courtly sat across from him, her lips curling around the straw of her drink.

Milton bit his lip, he wanted to kiss those lips so badly. “Poker?” Courtly asked as stack of cards appearing in her hands.