EP.142|Sunrise Sadness

Days till wedding: 5 days 10 hours and 7 minutes

Operetta slept soundly in her bed until  the sound of a rock hitting her window woke her up. She groaned and slowly got out of bed and walked onto the balcony to see Hunter.

“Hunter, what are you doing here?” Operetta whispered a bit loudly. “Didn't you say you wanted to go on an adventure?” Hunter chuckled. “It’s 5am Hunter.” Operetta laughed, Hunter always found it adorable when she did.

“We’re gonna go see the most beautiful thing on the Demonic Islands.” Hunter smiled. “And what is this “beautiful thing” exactly?” Operetta questioned. “It’s a surprise.” Hunter winked.

“It’s 5 days till the wedding, I have a lot of planning to do.” Operetta sighed.

“Take a break.” Hunter brushed a strand of her red hair back “I can't Hunter.” Operetta shook her head. “Please. I promise you’ll be back before the stupid king wakes up.” Hunter smirked.

Operetta chuckled “fine.” Hunter smiled and wrapped his arms around Operetta, diving off the terrace. Operetta closed her eyes, once she opened them again, Hunter and her were on the ground.

“Hunter, why won't you tell me where we’re going?” Operetta asked. “Because,” he stopped in his tracks, he really didn't know where they were going. “Brazzan, where are we going?” Hunter questioned.

“Somewhere.” Brazzan vaguely replied. “Oh yeah, that’s specific.” Hunter rolled his eyes. “Just trust me. I know where I’m going.” Brazzan assured him.

“I swear to the gods Brazzan, if we get loss.” Hunter muttered. “Did you say something Hunter?” Operetta asked sweetly. “Nope.” Hunter sighed.

“Hunter,” Operetta held onto Hunter’s hand “you know you can tell me anything right?” Hunter looked at Operetta cute worried face “she’s so cute!” Hunter bit his lip.

“Of course Operetta.” Hunter nodded. “Then why won't you tell me what’s wrong?” Operetta looked down “aren’t we friends?”

“Of course we are Operetta, it’s just…” he sighed deeply “the whole reason I’m in the Demonic Islands is because of a girl.”

“She looked just like you.” Hunter smiled, staring into Operetta greyish-purple eyes. “Was she someone special?” Operetta asked. “The most special thing in the freaking universe.” Hunter had a longing look in his eyes.

“What was she like?” Operetta further intrigued. “She was the most kindest, talented, beautiful, strongest, she was good, but bad at the same time.” Hunter began to explain.

“Her voice was the most enchanting thing ever! If I was sad, she brighten my day just by smiling at me. Her touch was softer than clouds. But the best thing about her is her forgiveness.”

“What do you mean?” Operetta tilted her head. “Some bad things happened one day, and she got hurt.” Hunter looked down.

Even though Operetta forgave him, but the memory of what he did to her, he could never forgive himself for that.

He couldn't forget all the blood, the tears, her scream. He would never forget it.