EP.181|Assassin Or Not, I Still Love You

Araden walked around the empty castle, looking down at his hand to see a black promise band.

“My darling,” Nadia’s soft voice rang through his head “you promised me you wouldn't shut me out.”

“I’m not…” Araden walked out to the patio to see Nadia’s spirit “it’s just, I hate seeing them so happy.”

“Honey, don't you remember what it’s like to be happy?” Nadia chuckled, her fingers lightly brushing through his hair.

“Yeah,” Araden looked down “when you were alive.”

“Then let them go, let them be happy, like how we once were,” Nadia stood in front of him “that Operetta was right, you should tell her what’s going on.”

“She wouldn't understand.” Araden shook her head. “We have no other choice,” Nadia tried to kiss his cheek but she just went through “the sooner we find someone to help us, the sooner I can be back in your arms.”

Araden smiled sadly, he wanted her back so badly, but sadly, the VKs were the only way to the one object that could bring her back.

The VKs have been in Araden’s boxes for about 4 days now. The VKs have been in thought situations before but when it came to this, it was the icing on the tourture cake.

“I’m sorry everyone…” Ben mumbled, grabbing the VKs attention. “Ben,” Mal coughed, luckily her box was near Ben’s so she could hear her “you did nothing wrong...I should have found a way out already.”

Ben whimpered a bit, looking at the pain in Mal’s eyes “I promise, it’ll be okay,” he tried to assure her.

“You don't have to lie to be darling…” Mal’s lips curved into a frown, she closed her eyes, trying to get some rest.

“Hunter,” Ben got Hunter’s attention “you should know what happened at the camp before Araden twist my words.”

“What happened?”

“I said some hurtful things to Operetta, like that she didn't deserve to be in our group and that she should have stayed on the demonic islands.”

Hunter chuckled “she told me, she knew you’ve been stressed but she said the look on your face when she said I would go after you was princless!” Hunter laughed.

“Then why did you ask what happened?” Ben chuckled. “Cause seeing you scared of me is priceless!” Hunter rolled on the floor.

“Jasper! Look at his face! It’s paler than a ghost!” Jasper and Hunter laughed in unison. “I thought the Beast wasn’t scared of Gaston!” CJ teased, smirking.

“And I thought Pirates used swords, but I don't see yours CJ.” Ben shot back, smirking as well.

“You little punk!” CJ laughed, as much as she hates the fact she didn't have her sword, the VKs made the go away when they were all laughing.

“I’m surprised someone got within 6 feet of her sword, she loves that thing more than she loves Carlos!” Evie stated, giggling a little.

Carlos shrugged, “meh, I’ve come to accept that metal bar with a point edge is more important than her boyfriend.”

“I thought you always knew that?” CJ tilted her head, chuckling.

“Don't even get her started on her hat!” Zeref laughed, CJ rolled her eyes in a joking way.

“I was trying it on one day in the mirror and she almost stabbed me in the kidney!” Operetta shivered “last time I ever touch her stuff.”

“Oh please, you think I’m bad you should see Mal when I touch her amethyst jewel cake!” CJ scoffed “she bit my hand!”

“Look Pirate Princess,” Mal yawned, waking up from her little nap “nobody touches my jewels, not even Ben touch them.”

“Tell em’ what happen when you touched my jewel cake.”

“She bit me…”

“You bit your husband?” Zeref looked at her strangely. “We agreed he wouldn't touch it! And he did so I gave him some punishment.” Mal smirked slyly.
“By biting him…?” Freddie repeated slowly.

“Yes! As creepy as it sounds, the Beast King learned his lesson.” Mal nodded assuringly.

Araden watched as the group began laughing once again, he couldn't believe it, these VKs were laughing at a time like this?!

“They’re the Sunrise Generation, the ones who’ll bring us into a new light.” Nadia smiled, her hand resting on top of Araden’s to the point where it didn't flow through him, but just enough to assure the demon everything was okay.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☆️༓☆️∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

As the night wore on, the VKs fell asleep, however, Carlos couldn't sleep and neither could CJ.
“Princesa,” Carlos began, getting the blonde’s attention, her eyes filled with sadness “I love you.”
1
“I love you too,” CJ sighed, playing with the feather on her hat.

“You’re nervous.” Carlos stated. “Am not!” CJ pouted.

“Yes you are,” Carlos smirked “when you get nervous you play with the feather.”

“You know me too well…” CJ mumbled, “Carlos, I don't think I’ll ever find my sword.”

“Princresa,” Carlos muttered. “Don't “Princesa” me,” CJ sighed, “Carlos, if I can't find my sword, I could never face my family ever again.”

“Mi amour, they’ll understand.” Carlos encouraged. “How do we know that?” CJ felt like crying, but her number one rule was to always be strong.

“Princesa, you don't have to be strong for me.” Carlos smiled, he could smell the tears stream down her face.

“Carlos…” she whimpered, wiping her tears “don't think less of me.”

“For crying?” Carlos chuckled “it’s normal to cry.”

“But I never cry.” CJ sniffled. “Yes you do CJ, you cried on Mimosa, you cried when I asked you out, you cried when your heart was broken by Philip.” Carlos stated.

“But...Bu-But.” CJ stuttered. “But nothing,” Carlos smiled “I promise, whatever he does to us here, we’ll both make sure he’s repaid back in full.”

CJ sighed in relief, she wanted to get out of this box and hug her animalistic, but things don't always go the way you planned.

He placed his hand on the wall of the box “Princesa,” he looked into her kind blue eyes “we’ll make it through this.”

“Awe,” Araden fakely cooed “you two just insist on being happy don't you?” he grimaced.

“Oh I’m sorry, I forgot the word happiness wasn’t in your dictionary.” CJ chucked slyly, stepping up to the demon.

“You got a big mouth for someone who just lost a sword,” Araden shot back “stings doesn't it Princess?”

“Wait till I’m out of this box Araden, I swear I’ll-” CJ was cut off when tape appeared

“You’ll what? Stab me? With what sword?” Araden chuckled and spun the box one again, his eyes landed on Carlos “ooh, let us play with the dog boy!”

CJ’s face grew pale and she tried to utter any words through the tape but the tape prevented her voice from reaching Carlos.

Carlos growled when his eyes locked with Araden’s, “Carlos DeVille,” Araden crouched down, “anything I do to you will just be a repeat of your childhood.”

Carlos stopped growling, knowing that he was hinting towards his Aunt Tangerine “Tangerine really did hate you.”

“No matter where your parents hid you, Tangerine always found you and kept beating you.” Araden walked around Carlos’ box “every since day that woman tortured you almost to the point of death.”

“But then she found some work for you, didn't she Carlos?” Araden smirked, teleporting inside the box. “Wanna tell your girl what that work was?” he pinned Carlos face to the wall to face CJ.

He shook his head rapidly. “Princesa,” Carlos voice rang in her head “I’m sorry for what I’m about to say.”

“What was your assignment Carlos?!” Araden growled, hitting Carlos’ head on the wall, causing his forehead to bleed.

“To assingnate CJ Hook.” Carlos admitted, Araden smirked as she watched the pirates face turn pale, the hope fading from blue eyes.

“Wh-what?” CJ stuttered.

“Tell her the story Carlos!” Araden slammed the animalistic head against

“It started when I was about 10, you were about 12.” Carlos narrated.

Water dripped down the ceiling of the cold wet cell, Carlos sat in the corner of his cell, his head in his knees, tears flowing down.

For 3 weeks, Carlos has been locked in this cage, awaiting for Tangerine to give him some food.

“Dog Boy,” Tangerine footsteps echoed through the halls “I got a job for you~”

“No,” Carlos turned away from her. Tangerine, smiled and opened the cage doors, grabbing Carlos by the neck, pinning him to the wall “You’ll do what I say!” Tangerine ordered.

Carlos hit her are quickly, trying to let Tangerine to know he couldn't breathe “say you’ll do whatever I say!”

“I-I-I will!” Carlos craoked.

“Good, your mission starts when you wake up, good luck.” and just like that, Carlos was knocked out.