EP.134|Meet DD

EP.134|Meet DD

“How do you know my name?” Operetta scold. “Lucky guess.” Mal got out from under Operetta. “We gotta get going. Here,” Evie gave Operetta a couple of dollars “for the apples.”

Operetta scoffed and walked off “weirdos.”

Evie and Mal ran back to the restaurant yelling “HUNTER!!!!”

“What’s wrong? And where have you been? Evie ran out of here yelling.

“I’m coming for you Mal!” You had Ben thinking you were dead.” Hunter chuckled, eating a piece of chicken.

“We found Operetta!” The both yelled, Hunter spat out his food on Zeref’s face. “ARE YOU SERIOUS!? Where is she? We gotta find her!” Hunter shaked Evie back and forth.

“She’s...outside…” Evie groaned from the shaking she received. Hunter ran outside to see red hair flowing in the distance. “Operetta! Operetta!” Hunter called out running as fast as he could.

He couldn't believe it, he found Operetta! He couldn't wait to get her back in his arms again. He saw her turn the corner and ran faster, but once he turned the corner too, she was gone.

“Where’d she go?” Freddie asked. “She’s gone...again…” Hunter sighed. “Hey, it’s late, let’s get a room for the night. We can go look in the morning.” Ben suggested. Hunter nodded sadly and walked into the hotel.

It was nothing fancy, just a small hotel. Hunter walked up to the counter, sighing, “what’s got you down?” The girl behind the desk asked, Hunter looked at her, it was the same girl that was their waitress at the restaurant.

“Everyone just calls me DD.” DD smiled. “Hunter.” he introduced. “I know you guys! You’re part of the-” she leaned in “VK Rebellion.” she whispered, grinning from ear to ear.

“Yeah that’s us, we’re here searching for our friend O-” Freddie started. “Operetta?” DD said as Hunter gripped her shoulders “do you know where she is?”

“No, but I’m guessing Operetta is your mate? You guys were talking about her in the restaurant” DD smirked, it was cute Hunter was doing all this to get his mate back.

I completely understand why he’s doing it though, I mean, I did it too-- and you know what, that’s not important, back to the story.

“Yeah.” Hunter smiled at just the thought of her. “I had a mate once, everything was peaceful then. I was happy, so was he, he said I was his everything, his sun, his moon, his stars, his universe.”

“I loved him with all my heart, so, you would believe how happy I was the day he marked me.” DD said, moving her hair reveal a mark, it was a book with a crown in the middle with a demon and a dragon wing.

Mal felt behind her neck, tracing her fingers along the mark. It was a crown with two demon wings, she knew there was some weird writing in it, but neither her and Ben knew what it said.

“He would always say he would take me up to the stars and grab me one of the stars. He would say that none of them would be as beautiful as me.”

“We would dance under the stars each night, I couldn't dance but he taught me how. He said I was as graceful as a swan, when in reality I wasn’t.” DD chuckled, the memories made her smile.