EP.63|Never Mess With Animalistic, or Demon's, Mate. EVER!

EP.63|Never Mess With Animalistic, or Demon’s, Mate. EVER!

The VK’s, and Ben, had been walking for over an hour. Not wanting to risk using too much of Evie's magic, they were forced to take it as slow as they were willing, given their limited amount of time.

“Wait, guys…” Freddie says as she sniffs the air. “The trail...it stops here but there's such a large trace of magic that they could be right in front of us. It's way too familiar, though…”

“No I feel it too...there's something about that smell, It's muted by all the other Magi, though,” Carlos says as he looks around, knocking on trees to see if there were any sort of hidden doors. “Yo Carlos, get yer ass over here” Hunter growls as he looks down at the ground.

He points to a plethora ice letters tracing the roots of trees.

"They're Music Notes ice runes, she got them all around the dorm room to hide my piles of instruments...these look exactly the same. This has to be her magic..I couldn't even smell if since it covered by this asshole..but no one writes runes like Operetta,"

He growls angrily, his magic forming a thin purple cloud around him as his body flashes from skin to black scales to reaches over and puts a hand on his shoulder quickly causing him to return to flesh.

"Operetta taught you to read them, right? Isn't there always some sort of clue or key to be able to break it?" Evie asks quietly. "Some sort of condition?"

"There usually is, kid...just gimme a sec," he says as he kneels on the ground, following the words with his fingers before smirking.

"What a smartass Music Note..she meant a literal key.." he mumbles before turning his hand into an black smoke skeleton key.

"All it says it that you need to know the rule of the key, Music Note usually pretty literal," he says with a smirk. Hoping for the best, he shoves his hand into the ground.

Slowly the runes begin to dissipate revealing a small wooden cottage, the windows caked in dust and spider webs and the wood on the porch beginning to splinter dangerously.

They all look at each other before smirking. They were ready to get their loved one back. Ben steps forward, looking back at the to signal them to step away. As soon as he did so he zapped the door, easily breaking off the padlocks that riddled the door.

“What the fuck was that?” Milton growls, his head snapping towards Operetta.

She was the one who he forced to make the runes in the first place, he should have expected the smart one to make it easy for them.

He wasn't ready for them, they had to be weaker. He had to have more leverage over them for his plan to work perfectly. He rushes over to the machines turning them all up to 90%.

Screams fill the air as their magic drops to 15%. Their backs arched against the shackles that held them to the wall, tears stream down their faces as they struggled. Milton stared at them for a second before looking at the cellar door. It wasn't enough..he wanted them begging for mercy.

Their heads snap to look at each other, the screams of their loved ones filling their sensitive ears a soon as they step into the house.