EP.96|Fighting For Two

"Jasper, I'm fine. Really." Evie chuckled as she got off the hospital bed after 3 weeks of being on bed rest.

"Are you sure?" Jasper questioned, even though the curse finally wore off, he's been very cautious of Evie ever since he brought her back to the village.

"Jasper. For the hundredth time, I'm okay." Evie laughed as Jasper hugged her unexpectedly. "I'm sorry..." Jasper muttered.

"For what?" Evie raised her eyebrow. "For not getting there quicker," Jasper added, still in a muttering tone.

"Gods, Jasper look at me" Evie lifted up his chin "you shouldn't be sorry. There was nothing you could do."

Jasper smiled as he kissed Evie tenderly. "Thank you." Jasper hugged her again. "You're welcome Snake boy." Evie chuckled.

Evie was then tackled by a small but powerful figure.

"Momma!" Raja cheered, her tears staining Evie's shirt.

"Mom?" Evie mouthed. "Just go with it." Jasper mouthed back at her.

"D-Don't sc-scare me li-like that!" Raja cried.

"I'm sorry, my dear." Evie stroked her hair, she then noticed the bags under Raja's and Jasper's eyes.

"How long has it been since you two slept or ate?" Evie questioned as the now chuckled nervously. "I really can't remember." The two looked at Evie sheepishly.

"Food, sleep, now," Evie ordered. "But-" "No buts! Go eat, then get some sleep. 'K?" Evie glared at the two sending shivers down their spine.

"Is mom always that scary?" Raja asked. "Yeah, especially when you get her mad," Jasper whispered.

"It's too early for this..." Evie groaned, she looked down to see the two were already asleep. "Those two are exactly alike."

"Hey, Mal, is Ben okay? He's been on the roof for a while now." CJ asked as Mal shrugged, walking onto the roof.

"Ben? You okay?" Mal asked, resting her hand on his shoulder.

"It's Lucifer. When we were searching for any of the girls left in the box, I saw Lucifer, he was talking to someone about Courtly.”

“They were talking about something called Jester's Wild. I know it involves Courtly in some way, but it's what he last said that's scaring me."

"What did he say?"

"You may have won the battle but I will win the war."

Operetta was sitting by the water, looking at her reflection when all of a sudden, a pair of arms wrapped around her.

"I've missed you." The person whispered. "I've missed you too, Hunter." Operetta smiled.

"Why have you been avoiding me lately?" Hunter bit her earlobe slightly, causing Operetta to eep.

"Hunter, not now..." Operetta tilted her neck.