EP.178|So Close But Yet So Far

As much as Ben's body begged him to go to rest, his mind has a different idea. He tapped the pencil on the diagrams of Antoine's castle, going over the infiltration plan once more.

His companions attempted to urge him to go to rest, but the ruler refused. "Ben," Zeref's hand rested carefully on his shoulder "It's 2 am, we have a very critical mission tomorrow and we need you rested up."

"I'm fine," his voice said one thing, but the yawn that gotten away his lips said another "I'm...so not...tired" with that last word, his face hit the counter, the prince at long last surrendering to sleep.

Ben looked around in his dream space to see he was falling down through a tunnel of memories.

Ben smiled, the first memories were of him, Lucifer, Dixie, and Heine.

He reached his hand out for his brother's moving picture "I promise Lucifer, I'll save you."

As Ben continued to fall, memories of when he was a baby appeared.

"There you go Benji! Walk to mama," a soft voice cooed as the toddler prince stumbled into the woman's open arms.

Ben couldn't see her face, the images seemed to blur it out, but it looked so familiar to Ben. The next images showed Ben and Lucifer, still toddlers, sleeping in the woman's opening arms.

"My beautiful princes...I promise you, I'll never let you go."

Ben felt like he knew this voice, but his memories once again failed him.
"I'll be okay," a five year old Ben assured the woman whole planted kisses over his face. "Are you sure? I can stay? It's your and Lucifer's first day, what if you get lost on your way home? Or what if you get hurt during your beast training?"

Lucifer laughed, Ben and Lucifer hugged the woman tightly "we'll be okay."

She smiled, she hugged them back "I'll be here at 2pm to pick you up."

Ben smiled, the soon faded when a thought crossed his mind "wait...mom never to me and Lucifer to school..."

Ben's memories continued when he noticed the memories of the adventures he has VKs

"Ben..." Hunter slurred, holding up his glass "come here! Have a shot!"

Ben casually walked over to the drunken demon, accepting the shot. "Attaboy Benji!" Hunter cheered.

"So," Hunter chugged down another shot "you and Mal, ya'll gonna hit it off or what? I mean, you gotta mark her sometime Benny~"

"Hunter! Don't be so crass!" Operetta slapped the demon playfully "he's waiting to ask her respectfully."

Hunter snickered and pulled Operetta down to his lap, making a soft clicking noise "mine..."

Ben chuckled "I know, I know...she's all yours Hunter."

"It's just, with Mal, I get all tongue tied and end up saying the wrong thing." Ben sighed. "Try not to think about it too much, just feel what your saying." Operetta vaguely explained.