John x Reader: Your Daughter's First Birthday

Request: it is your daughters first birthday and John is in charge of the cake. The cake is shaped like a cheeseburger and Cheeseburger (the bear) eats it. John tries to cover it up and things go awry.

It was a busy day at the ranch, it was our your daughter's first birthday and the father, John, wanted everything to be perfect. You were both throwing a small party for her birthday, just John's siblings and any one that you wanted to invite.

You were in charge of decorating, which you had managed successfully. John had bought some banners and balloons, you had set it all up nicely and you were fairly proud of your work. You had put John in charge of the cake, John wanted perfection but he wasn't always the most reliable person so you thought that the cake was an easy enough job. All he had to do was pick it up and bring back to the ranch in one piece. John was determined to prove that he could perform the simple task.

John succeeded, the brought the cake back to the ranch and placed it in the kitchen. The cake was in the shape of a cheeseburger, you both thought that it was a little different and kind of amusing.

John had insisted that the animals stay outside during the birthday party, which meant that Boomer, Peaches and Cheeseburger where outside. You hated leaving them out there but understood that John wanted this day to be perfect and run smoothly, which is the main reason he gave you most of the control.

Two minute. John swears that he only left the kitchen for two minutes to check on your one year old daughter, but when he returned the cake was gone. Well, it wasn't gone. It was a mess and Cheeseburger was sitting in the middle of the kitchen with frosting on his nose.

A mix of emotions ran through John. Anger, annoyance, fear of what you would do to him when you found out. How did the bear even get into the ranch? It turns out that those animals are smarter than he thought and managed to open the door.

Cheeseburger just looked at John before curling up and going to sleep. John was at a loss for words at the point but he had to do something.

You were out with your daughter while John finished setting up the ranch, so he had some time to fix this. He started by calling up the cake makers but they said that they couldn't make the cake at such short notice. So he had to settle for plan B...making the cake himself.

John had never cooked or baked before in his life so he had no idea what he was doing. He found a recipe and instructions on the internet but soon realised that there was still no way to make a cake before you got home.

At this point he was pretty sure you were going to come home and find him on the kitchen floor having a break down. Either way, you would kill him because he had already managed to get flour all over the kitchen.

So then he began to clean up. John was sure of one thing...this was not a good day.

He hadn't even managed to completely clean up by the time you got home, you walked into the kitchen with your child in your arms and froze at the sight. John was still cleaning up the spilt flour, Cheeseburger was laying on the floor with his nose and mouth covered in frosting, and there was a destroyed cake sitting on the kitchen counter.

"Daddy!" Your daughter shouted happily when she saw John, while you didn't know whether to shout at him or just laugh. What happened here?

"John...what happened?" you asked, trying not to laugh at the look on his face.

"I left for two minutes, only two minutes. Cheeseburger somehow got in and he ate the cake, I called the company but they said that it was too short notice and I don't know how to bake! Then I spilt the flour so I tried to clean it up but the water just turned into into some sort of paste" John spoke almost too quick for you to understand.

"John, calm down. It was just a cake, we can get a new cake" you assured him, walking around the sleeping bear and standing in front of John with an amused smile. You had both noticed how your daughter's eyes lit up at the word 'cake'.

"So you aren't mad?" John asked, smiling at you and letting his daughter hold his finger.

"Of course I'm not mad" you laughed and shook your head, kissing John on the cheek and feeling his relax.

The moment of peace disappeared when you processed exactly what John had said. "Wait! Cheeseburger ate the cake?" you asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, why?" John asked with a confused expression.

"Cheeseburger is diabetic!" You exclaimed, glancing at the bear with worry.

"Is it bad if he eats cake?" the baptist asked, his expression becoming worried as well.

"I don't know, I didn't even know bears could get diabetes until I found Cheeseburger" you admitted and you passed your daughter over to John, who took her into his arms and kissed her forehead.

"What do we do?" John asked as you woke Cheeseburger up, patting him on the head and trying to check if he was alright.

"I have to take him to a vet" you sighed as you got the bear's attention and led him towards the front door, followed by John and your daughter.

"You can't take a bear to a vet..." John told you, but you didn't really have a choice.

"Well I have too. You go for the cake and I will take Cheeseburger to the vet, we will meet back here" you planned out and John smiled as he watched you take charge of the situation, you were always better at emergencies than he was.

You were already out of the door. "Darling!" John called from the doorway with a stupid smile on his face. You turned to him and raised an eyebrow at him. "I love you" he smiled.

"I love you too, you idiot" you laughed and quickly kissed him and kissed your daughter's forehead, before rushing off with Cheeseburger.

"Bye Mommy!" your daughter shouted and waved with a giggle.

Requests?