Faith Seed X Male!Deputy Reader

Song: "Boy" by Lee Brice

Word Count: 1390

Faith woke up and frowned softly to herself. She sat up in the suddenly empty bed and glanced around the room. It was still dark, the very early morning and you weren't laying beside her like you usually were. The bed felt empty without you in it and she wondered where you had gone.

At first she fought that the baby had been crying and you went to check on him but she never slept through the cries.

You and Faith had recently had your first child, and your son meant the world to you both.

Faith climbed out of the bed and wandered towards the baby's room, assuming that you would be there. A soft smile spread across her face when she saw light coming from the nursery, she stood in the doorway and watched you with your child.

You hadn't been woken up by the baby's cries, you were having some difficulties with sleeping so you decided to check on him. When you walked into the room you saw that your son was awake so you decided to stay.

You stood beside the crib and smiled down at the infant, he had his mothers hair and eyes. You loved Faith but you didn't quite understand how much you could love one person until your son was born. As you stared down into his playful eyes, a song that you had heard on the radio before you started dating Faith came to your mind.

Boy, you're gonna know it all
You'll think you're ten feet tall
And run like you're bulletproof
And total a car or two
Boy, you're gonna hate this town
Wish you could burn it down
That fire in your eyes is twenty counties wide
But boy, you're gonna love seventeen
And boy, you'll do some stupid things

You sang softly, smiling when he responded with a happy smile. You knew that he was going to get into trouble because you knew his family. If he was anything like you, the poor kid was going to lead a resistance. If Uncle Sharky or Uncle Hurk ever babysat, you knew that they would teach him to break stuff or set something on fire. And God help your son if he has Uncle John's mood and inability to think before he acts.

You're gonna drive and kiss
And throw a punch
And grow up way too fast
You're gonna drop the ball
Hit the wall
And break some hearts like glass

You knew that he might find it difficult to grow up with such a strange and close family but you knew that he would be loved, loved by everyone.

I know you will, 'cause you're a part of me
And a part of you will always be a boy

You knew that it wouldn't be easy and that there will be arguments, both with your son and the people who think that know what is best for him. But you knew that he would always and forever be your child.

You're gonna be so stubborn
You get that from your mother
I already see it now, you weren't built for backing down

You sang with a soft laugh and Faith, who you hadn't noticed was standing in the doorway, smiled too. She wasn't known for being stubborn but when you both started dating and you were trying to figure out what was right and wrong. When you were torn between the woman you love and the resistance, she never gave up on you, she never once let you down.

And boy, there'll be a small town nights
And you'll fall for her sky-blue eyes
And when she's in your hands
You'll think you're a man and not a boy
She'll make you lose your mind, boy
She'll be every reason why

You smiled as you thought about Faith and the early stages of your relationship. She helped you sort through every doubt in your mind but she was also the reason that you had a huge internal battle in the first place. She was the reason that you rethought everything you knew to be true. You loved Faith.

Faith smiled to herself, watching you sing to your child was the most beautiful thing she has ever seen. She could tell how much you meant every word you sang.

You're gonna drive and kiss
And throw a punch
And grow up way too fast
You're gonna drop the ball
Hit the wall
And break some hearts like glass
I know you will, 'cause you're a part of me
And a part of you will always be my boy

You continued to sing as you lifted your son out of his crib, holding him against your chest as you began to pace back and forth in the room while rocking him. Faith watched you both and listened to her son's quiet giggles and sounds of joy as you smiled and sang down to him.

It's 3am and I'd do anything to get you back to sleep
And that face will be the same one in the rear-view
The day I watch you leave

You smiled sadly. You hadn't know this person for long at all but you already knew that it would kill you when he left, yet part of you hoped that he would leave one day. You hoped that he would get out of Hope County and start a life for himself somewhere were he wasn't in the middle of this insanity. But that was a long time away yet, for now you son was in your arms and you never wanted him to be anywhere else. Faith sighed silently because she knew exactly what you were thinking and she would be lying if she said that she hadn't thought about the same thing. She never wanted to spend her life in Hope County but she was happy here now. She just hoped that your son would be happy in the future, no matter where he is.

But boy, you're gonna come back home
You're gonna settle down
But you won't feel the way I'm feelin' now
Until you have a boy

You sang and smiled when you realised that he had fallen asleep in your arms. You returned to the crib and gently lay him down. You had no idea that one person could be so loved and so important to somebody. You didn't know what you would do if something happened to him or Faith.

He's gonna know it all
He'll think he's ten feet tall
And run like he's bulletproof
And total a car or two

You finished, kissing the top of his head before standing up straight. "Of course he will, he's your son after all" Faith smiled, speaking quietly as she walked further into the room. "If he causes half the amount of trouble that you did, he will keep everyone busy" she shrugged, making you laugh softly.

"Let's hope he takes after you then" you laughed quietly, glancing back at the baby.

"It wouldn't be so bad if he took after you. It might be dangerous but at least he will do what he believes if right" she smiled as she wrapped her arms around your waist and rested her head against your chest.

"As long as he has your heart, he will be fine" you smiled as you wrapped your arms around her, holding her in a loving embrace as you kissed the top of her head.

You were both quiet as you both watched your sleeping son, your hand stroked up and down Faith's arm in an affectionate manner. "Come on, let him sleep. Let's go back to bed" Faith whispered as she lifted her head up off of your chest and looked up at you, a sweet and loving smile on her face.

"Good idea" you nodded, smiling softly back at her. Her lifted herself up on her toes and planted a gentle kiss on your lips.

Faith then intertwined her fingers through yours as she pulled away from the embrace before guiding you out of the baby's room and towards your own bedroom. Once you walked into the bed room, you both climbed back into bed. You smiled softly as Faith cuddled into your side, only for you to roll over and wrap your arms around her.

Your son would always be a part of you.

Faith would always be a part of you.

This was your family and you loved them more than anything.

Requests?