They React to you Singing and Playing Guitar

Request: You are a combat veteran and they react to you playing guitar and singing "American Soldier" by  Toby Kieth or "Wish it was true" by The White Buffalo

I couldn't decide on just one set of lyrics for Jacob, so he got two XD

Joseph Seed-

"I don't do it for the money
There's bills that I can't pay
I don't do it for the glory
I just do it anyway
Providing for our future's my responsibility
Yeah, I'm real good under pressure
Being all that I can be"
~ American Solider by Toby Kieth

Joseph had heard you sing before, he enjoyed listening to you and you often joined in with him whenever you found him humming Amazing Grace. When he heard the sound of your voice and the guitar he walked towards the room with a smile on his face. He quietly stepped in, you were facing away from him and he didn't want to startle you. He smiled softly and began to listen to the lyrics. His smile began to fade but so much because it upset him but because he could hear the emotion in your voice. He knew what you had experience (even if he knew he could never personally understand it) and he hated that he was the reason that you fought a new war alongside his family. Joseph just walked into the room, encouraging you to keep going when you saw him.

Jacob Seed-

"Country, I was a solider to you.
I did what you asked me to.
It was wrong, and you knew.
Country, now I'm just a stranger to you.
A number, a name; it's true.
Throw me away when you're through.
Home of the brave and the free; the red, white, and blue.
I wish it was true."
~ I wish it was true by The White Buffalo

"And I will always do my duty
No matter what the price
I've counted up the cost
I know the sacrifice
Oh, and I don't want to die for you
But if dyin's asked of me
I'll bear that cross with honour
'Cause freedom don't come free"
~ American Soldier By Toby Kieth

Jacob had heard the sound of the guitar and your voice as he approached the room you were in. He had heard you singing before actually enjoyed to listen to you, it always relaxed him. He carefully pushed the door open, not wanting you to stop because he was there. He stood in the doorway and began to listen to the lyrics. The softened expression on his face turned into a sad smile of acknowledgement. Both of you being veterans was something that helped your relationship, you both had some idea about what the other one experienced. He knew the lyrics reminded you both of your experiences. When you noticed that he was in the room, you stopped playing and looked up at him. Jacob walked over to you and placed a hand on your shoulder, planting a kiss on the top of your head before you leaned against his chest.

John Seed-

"Boy, come on out from the cold.
You're lost outside there, don't you know?
It's not what you say, it's what you do.
Just keep wishing your wishes are true.
Well your dreams, they're reality.
There's no pain, there's no misery.
Just polish the blood and the brews.
For there's just no way you can lose.
Well I wish it was true."
~ I wish it was true by The White Buffalo

John loved listening to you sing and play guitar, he was constantly amazed with how talented you are but it also made him smile. You voice always soothed him and made him feel better, so he loved when you sang. When he heard the sound of the guitar and your voice coming from another room, a smile spread across his face and he went to find you. He pushed the door open and stood in the doorway, listening to you. He began to focus more on the lyrics because the amount of emotion in your voice intrigued him. When he actually started listening, his face softened but the smile remained. Sometimes he could forget that you fought for the country, maybe he expected all veterans to be like Jacob, but listening to you sing about your experience just reminded him. He smiled softly and walked towards you, taking the guitar out of your hands before placing a kiss on your lips.

Faith Seed-

"And I can't call in sick on Mondays
When the weekends been too strong
I just work straight through the holidays
And sometimes all night long
You can bet that I stand ready
When the wolf growls at the door
Hey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady
Hey I'm true down to the core"
~ American Soldier by Toby Kieth

Faith loved to listen to you sing and loved to sing along with you, or you would play guitar while she sang. It just made you both smile, every time. When she heard the sound of your guitar and your voice coming from another room, she instantly headed towards the room. She stepped in, realising that you hadn't noticed her. She listened and made sure that she actually paid attention to the lyrics, she often found that you normally sang songs that had a lot of meaning to you. After listening for a little while, she smiled sadly. She knew that your past had a huge effect on you but she knew that it made you the person that she loved. When she saw the tears brimming in your eyes, she walked up behind you and wrapped her arms around you. She kissed you on the cheek before burying her face in the crook of your neck. You just smiled as you reached up to run your fingers through her hair.

Requests?