The Seeds Start Questioning Their Faith

Request: The Seeds start questing everything about the project and their faith and you (the deputy) come to look after them.

Joseph Seed-

Joseph was beginning to wonder whether the pain and suffering of the people of Hope County was truly necessary for the Project to thrive. He just wanted some advice or guidance the voice but he never got it, the voice hadn't spoken for longer than he cared to admit. You have had a few conversations with Joseph before, you didn't believe what he said about the voice or anything like that but you felt sorry for him. So when you saw him looking so sorry for himself (while you were being held at the compound) you ignored your better judgement and approached him. You asked him what was wrong and he was pleasantly surprised that you cared in anyway, and Joseph was a rather open book so he shared his worries and doubts with you. How can he make you feel bad for him? You don't know, but he managed it.

"You know that I don't believe in any of this, and I think you're insane...but maybe the voice going away is a good thing. Now you can think for yourself, you can do what you think is best instead of obeying a God that hasn't been kind to you. And who knows, the voice might come back" you shrugged at him and he smiled slightly. He never truly expected you to believe what he said but you were trying to understand in some way and he liked that. And maybe you were right, maybe he should try to make his own decisions, at least until the voice came back.

"Thank you Deputy. I know that this is hard for you to understand, but I'm glad that you are able to show the kindness and understanding that I know you are capable of" Joseph thanked you and smiled as you stood up and walked away. Whether the voice was here or not, Joseph was sure about one thing; he wanted you to be around the compound for as long as he can keep you here.

Jacob Seed-

Jacob never believed in what Joseph preached and everybody knew that, they just didn't say anything about it. But recently he had been questioning whether all of this fighting was worth Joseph's end goal, a goal that Jacob didn't even believe in. You had been staying at the veteran centre, against your will but you had proved that you could behave well enough to be given some free roam around the building. When you saw Jacob looking particularly miserable and torn, obviously having some sort of internal battle, you couldn't help but feel a little sorry for him. This whole thing had been hard on everyone, even the Seed family, and you already knew that Jacob didn't believe in the project like his siblings did. So you carefully wandered over to him and sat beside him, happy that nobody else was around.

"I know that you don't want to hear what I have to say but I'm going to say it anyway. I will never agree with what you or your family does but I really need you to pull yourself together. You're the only one I actually have respect for and watching you feel sorry for yourself is painful. Let me guess, you don't know if everything is worth it? You don't fight for Joseph's beliefs, you fight for your family and I respect that. I'm still going to kick your ass but...don't give up on them because you won't forgive yourself" you spoke, not even knowing if he was listening. Jacob was listening and he appreciated your little speech a lot, he knew that you both shared some amount of mutual respect despite everything that was happening. He needed to hear that, being reminded of why he truly fought and who he really did this for.

"You're right, I do fight for them and I'm going to keep fighting for them. I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep them safe, which mean that there is no way in hell that you are ever going to kick my ass. Oh and Deputy...I respect you too" he nodded as you began to leave. You just smiled politely and nodded back at him, you already knew that you both respect each other and you found yourself smiling and laughing softly to yourself as you walked away.

John Seed-

John tried so hard to prove himself, to get Joseph's acceptance and approval, he tried so hard everyday but sometimes he just wondered why he tried so hard all of the time. And today was one of those days when he felt like that, when he felt like everything was just pointless. These were the days that he didn't work, the days when he barely left the ranch so that nobody saw him thinking like this. But John had been keeping you in the ranch instead of his bunker so he could keep an eye on you, so you had seen him on the days that he was doubting himself and his faith. At first you didn't pay much attention to it but the more you saw it, the more it genuinely upset you and made you feel sorry for him. You had spoken to him some what normal a handful of times and you were about to try again, you walked over to the sofa in the large lounge area and sat beside him silently before speaking.

"Do you want to talk about it or should I just talk?" You asked, giving him enough time to answer before speaking again. "I wouldn't blame you for not listening to me because, well because I never listen to you...but you make me feel all sorry for you when you sulk around like this. I get it, it's hard to keep your faith in what you are fighting for when it seems pointless and I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know what you are thinking about or what you are going through but...you take confessions all the time...maybe you could confess to me some time. It might help to talk about it" you smiled in an attempt to be more comforting and not seem to awkward or out of your depth. John looked at you with surprise in his wide eyes, was that just a long winded way to say that you cared about how he felt? And you did just offer him a chance for confession...like a normal conversation about feelings? With you? The Deputy? He found himself wanting to talk to you about it.

"I could see how that could help...perhaps I'll take you up on your offer but maybe another time. Right now I just was to 'sulk', as you put it. Feel free to sulk with me" John offered playfully but you decided to take him up on his offer. And that's how you ended up sitting beside John Seed on his amazing comfy sofa in his ranch and thinking about your emotions. Nobody would believe you if you even planned on telling them.

Faith Seed-

Faith always seemed like the most dedicated sibling in your eyes, she obviously believed as much as Joseph did so you never expected her to question her faith. But even she questioned her faith, she hated seeing the pain that the project caused and she wondered whether it was worth it, she didn't want to hurt anyone she just wanted to help them. You had become Faith's captive but she wasn't using the bliss on you, she just wanted to talk to you and explain why you should join them so you had a lot of free roam around her house. When you saw her looking so sad and torn you instantly felt sorry for her, her face was always so happy but now it was just so so sad and it actually hurt you. So you walked over to her and sat down, knowing that she would let you.

"It's okay to question things. Your faith, whether what you are doing is right, what you should do, who you should listen to and believe. I sometimes question myself but I still know where I should be and what I should be doing. The path isn't always clear but we just have to keep following it" you smiled and nudged her shoulder slightly in a friendly manner, it just hurt you to see her so down even if you didn't know why. You shouldn't care. Faith looked at you and smiled, pleased that you cared about how she felt. She would comfort you in your time of need and she was glad that you would do the same for her despite your differences.

"Thank you Deputy, I know you are right. The path isn't always clear or straight, it tries to mislead you so you have to trust that your faith is in the right place. Still, it is hard sometimes" she admitted. You weren't sure what to say but figured that she would like some company so you stayed sitting beside her while she was lost in her thoughts. It was actually quite peaceful.

Requests?